Asia Pac Controller - Remote
Patra Corporation Beckley, WV
- Posted: over a month ago
Patra was founded on the idea of providing insurance organizations, including retail brokers, wholesale brokers, MGAs and carriers, cost-effective solutions to the increasing burden of time - consuming operations. Our clients find reductions in both labor costs and E&O exposure while seeing increases in top-line growth by allowing brokers to focus on higher value tasks. We operate both domestically and internationally. Our model works, we are growing, and, as such, we have found ourselves in need of additional accounting assistance.
About this job
Due to the company’s continued high growth and diversification, we are in need of an experienced finance leader to take responsibility for financial reporting and compliance of our operations in India and the Philippines (the “region”). The Asia Pac Controller will oversee and develop our existing accounting teams in the region and be responsible for local and internal and external reporting in accordance with local statutory requirements, as well as monthly reporting to Corporate for group consolidation under US GAAP.
Reporting to the VP, Finance Operations, this role will also provide leadership and take responsibility for the ongoing strengthening of policies, procedures and controls to comply with local and group standards. The role will require regular collaboration with local and corporate stakeholders of various levels to support and drive sound decision-making across various finance and operational areas in the region.
To be successful, the Asia Pac Controller will be a hands-on leader who is an excellent communicator and leads by example, promoting a positive and supportive work environment from a remote location.
- Leads and oversees local accounting teams on all aspects of financial statement and management report generation on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintains procedures, general ledger and chart of accounts to ensure correct controls are in place and effective within the region. Works closely with the North America Controller and the Manager of Shared Services to define accounting policies and procedures and ensure consistency across the company.
- Ensures that financial records & reports are maintained in compliance with company policies, statutory requirements, and both local and US GAAP for domestic and group reporting, respectively. This includes the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts with supporting documentation.
- Maintains local banking relationships and cash management and administration for various local accounts.
- Collaborates with other departments to safeguard and monitor financial assets in the region.
- Manages and provides necessary support to external audits in the various geographies. Serves as a point of contact for the group external auditors concerning all general accounting matters related to the region.
- Ensures completion and submission of financial filings and returns required by contractual agreements and government entities.
- Ensures all requisite monthly, quarterly, and annual tax forms and payments are completed for the local entities. Organizes and coordinates income tax return preparation with the various CPA firms.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and variance explanations.
- Works closely with business leaders and the FP&A team to provide financial insights and feedback related to the region.
- Assists with the research, position and documentation for proper treatment of technical accounting matters including coordination with external consultants/ experts.
- Provides support and responds to ad-hoc financial information requests from local and corporate management as required.
- Represents the finance department in cross-functional meetings/ projects related to the region.
Minimum Requirements - Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification.
- 10+ years of progressive related accounting or financial experience.
- 5+ years of management, supervisory or lead experience with a preference of Controllership experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and internal control procedures and some international GAAP knowledge.
- Good knowledge of international statutory/tax requirements.
- This position is responsible for reporting and leading teams in various international regions to ensure all information is accurate and timely for all applicable financial deadlines. The candidate chosen will require the ability to work with and communicate effectively with a variety of personnel and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role also requires the ability to coordinate via remote Zoom calls across many regions and time zones.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Internal Financial Controls and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
- Ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment, including finance team-members across multiple countries.
- Experience overseeing financial reporting and compliance in international locations to meet local requirements and group corporate policies and practices. Knowledge of India and/ or Philippine reporting and compliance preferred.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in standardizing and documenting financial processes and procedures, building out controls and applying best practices to ensure effective department workflows within a finance team.
- Knowledge of and experience working with/ implementing financial technology solutions to add efficiency and accuracy to finance processes.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, leadership and problem-solving to thoughtfully research and provide solutions to financial and operational situations and challenges that may arise.
- Success at designing and implementing financial policies and procedures that pass external audit scrutiny and are consistent with corporate policies and requirements.
- Ability to professionally interact with and influence leadership, peers and staff across multiple functions and geographies to effectively accomplish goals.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work and thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced and evolving
- Work from home remotely
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; Directly connected into modem; No satellite
- Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Patra Corporation