Accounting Client Consultant - Remote
Patra Corporation Shreveport, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Patra is a leading provider of Technology-Enabled Services to the insurance industry. Patra’s team of global experts allow brokers, MGAs, wholesalers and carriers to capture the Patra Advantage – profitable growth and organizational value.
Patra powers insurance processes by optimizing the application of people and technology; supporting insurance organizations as they sell, deliver and manage policies for their customers.
About this job
The Client Consultant oversees the day-to-day servicing and managing of assigned group of clients and their accounting processes as well as coordination of offshore teams. The Client Consultant candidate needs to be effective at time management and teamwork, have a firm understanding of insurance accounting principles and processes, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly adaptable and able to problem solve. This is a work from home position.
- Manage Client Relationships: Involvement in service implementations, regular check-in calls, expand and cross-sell services
- Manage Processes: Gather and analyze data, create action plan, execute service improvements and efficiencies, monitor average handling and turnaround times, update Job Aids and Workflows, troubleshoot errors/issues
- Manage Offshore Teams: Meetings with teams, monitor staffing changes, analyze and resolve production issues, train offshore teams
- Invoicing: Review, update and analyze monthly billing reports and deliver to clients. Follow up on account receivables.
- Stewardships: Presentation creation and delivery of presentation to client
- Sales Support: Assist on prospect calls, support sales with concerns/questions, other internal meetings with sales
- Corporate Duties: Department monthly meetings, seminars/training on Patra University, IT training, licensing updates, HR requests/updates, submit expenses, other training as scheduled
- Mentoring: Mentoring & training Associate Client Consultants, helping peers with questions
- Consulting and/or helping with other resources and depts
- Projects as assigned
Minimum Requirements - Education & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years Insurance industry Accounting experience at a Controller/Senior Accounting Manager Level, including hands-on experience of insurance broker accounting and transactions
- License preferred but not required
- Agency Broker experience, Experience with Sagitta, Epic, AMS360, Benefit Point, etc.
- Knowledge of various lines of Commercial & Personal Line coverages is helpful but not required
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; no satellite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Time Management/Organization: Prioritizing, Planning, Focus
- Teamwork: Collaboration, Active listening, Coordination, Idea exchange
- Effective Communication Skills: Oral & written, Strong public speaker, Ability to communicate among multiple levels of an organization, Clarity, Respect, Friendliness, Listening, Engaging & outgoing personality
- Adaptability: Flexibility, Self-management, Decision making, perform well and stay calm under pressure, Optimism
- Emotional Intelligence: Empathy, Humor, Sensitivity, Patience, Diplomacy
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills: Analysis & Resolution, Observation, Creative Thinking, Ability to anticipate potential issues or problems, Attention to detail, Critical observation, Identifying trends, Deductive reasoning, Strong memory
- Leadership: Project Management, Empathy, Listening, Versatility, Delegation
- Work Ethic: Integrity & Accountability, Professionalism, Initiative, Self-motivation, Discipline, Commitment
- Microsoft Suite Proficient: Excel – creating and evaluating spreadsheets and data, creating and using pivot tables, formulas, formatting, graphs and charts, PowerPoint – collecting, researching, analyzing data and formatting into a presentation, Word – creating/updating Workflows and Job Aids, formatting
- Insurance Accounting Functions: Including but not limited to Direct Bill Reconciliation to Direct Bill and Agency Bill accounting, Direct Bill Posting, Agency Bill Payables including payments, Agency Bill Receivables, Trust account transacting and management and other general accounting processes (vendor payables, bank reconciliation, etc)
- Work from home remotely in United States only
- Minimum internet speed of 6 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; Directly connected to modem; No satellite
- Competitive Salary / Benefits / PTO
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Sort/file paperwork, rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the Patra Corp will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Patra colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Patra Corp policies and procedures
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Patra Corporation