PatientMatters is a leading eligibility and revenue cycle healthcare company. PatientMatters helps hospitals and health systems offer highly-personalized financial solutions that improve satisfaction, cash flow, profitability and outcomes.
We have an Part-time, Patient Financial Counselor position (20 hours/week; Monday-Friday 11am-3pm) in the Pine Bluff, AR area. This Patient Financial Counselor position is hospital based and you will be the one that makes initial contact with the patient. You will screen the patient bedside while in the hospital to obtain basic information to determine if potential eligibility or third party payment source exists. This position will also have some administrative duties.
Patient Financial Counselor Requirements and Skills:
- Experience in working in an fast-paced business office and hospital environment where people contact and multi-tasking where skills needed to succeed
- Must be able to meet with patients in their room in various stages of care and be compassionate to their situation and be able to communicate effectively with them and their families
- Experience is Medicaid, Medicare, CHIPS, Crime Victims or other eligibility benefits
- Must be able to stand/walk the hospital floors about 75% of the day
- Reliable transportation is required as you may have to drive to other nearby facilities during the day to screen patients.
- Must have knowledge of HIPAA to protect patient medical records and health information
- Must be able to successfully converse with hospital personnel, government and insurance agencies
- Must be able to interpret and define an extensive variety of problems, collect data, document the facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Motivated individual who desires to make a difference in others’ lives by working directly with clients and multiple government agencies
- Strong Communication skills required, both orally and in writing in the English language
- Dedicated to working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities with demonstrated experience in case management to include some medical knowledge - desired
- Knowledge of medical terminology - preferred
- Must be able to prioritize workload and job assignments so that all deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Government benefit at least 1 year experience is preferred
- 401k/ROTH with company match
Is to recruit and hire qualified people who have knowledge of various public benefit programs and who share our commitment to serving self pay patients, healthcare providers and the communities in which we are located. If you have healthcare experience in assisting applicants with public benefits programs, or if you’re just ready for a new opportunity that will use your professional experience and skills in helping individuals, we want you on our team!