PatientMatters is a leading eligibility and revenue cycle healthcare company. PatientMatters helps hospitals and health systems offer highly-personalized financial solutions that improve satisfaction, cash flow, profitability and outcomes.
We are in need of a full-time Patient Advocate(40 hr/wk; Monday – Friday, must be able to work weekends/holidays if needed) - in the Parkersburg, WV area. This Patient Advocate position assists patients in hospital setting to determine eligibility and coverage for government programs (SSI, State Medicaid, and other benefit programs), 3rd party reimbursement
Patient Advocate Job Duties, Qualifications & Skills
- Assisting patients with applications, interviews, appointments and all other necessary steps to obtain certification for medical coverage
- Reliable transportation is required as you may have to drive to other nearby facilities during the day to screen patients.
- File management and phone work
- Experience in working in an office environment where people contact and multi-tasking were skills needed to succeed
- Motivated individual who desires to make a difference in others’ lives by working directly with clients and multiple government agencies
- Strong Communication skills required, both orally and in writing
- Dedicated to working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities with demonstrated experience in case management to include some medical knowledge - desired
- Must be able to interpret and define an extensive variety of problems, collect data, document the facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong Data Entry Skills and Experience
- Medicaid experience preferred
- Reliable transportation is required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Government payer programs at least 1 year experience is preferred
- 401k/ROTH - plus company match
- Life Insurance, Short Term disability and Long Term disability
- Paid Time Off
- EAP Program
PatientMatters philosophy is to recruit and hire qualified people who have knowledge of various public benefit programs and who share our commitment to serving self-pay patients, healthcare providers and the communities in which we are located. If you have healthcare experience in assisting applicants with public benefits programs, or if you’re just ready for a new opportunity that will use your professional experience and skills in helping individuals, we want you on our team!