The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining quality x-rays using correct position, markers, and radiation exposure;
- Implementing safety procedures to avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation;
- Ensuring the safety of patients when using lead aprons, wheelchairs, stools and other equipment;
- Supervising all x-ray technologists;
- Processing and archiving images correctly;
- Responding to physician requests in a timely manner;
- Ensuring appropriate x-rays are ordered and performed;
- Communicating with the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) Administrator as needed;
- Completing monthly x-ray staffing schedule;
- Triaging patients and providing other patient care as directed;
- Providing positive, warm and friendly customer service in all interactions;
- Fostering teamwork and a positive, professional atmosphere;
- Completing other duties as directed.
Minimum education and professional requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Employee must be at least 18 years of age;
- High school graduate or equivalent;
- Keyboarding experience required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- One year of clerical experience preferred;
- One year of clinical experience preferred;
- One year of supervisory experienced preferred;
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); (. After for PA as this is last requirement)
- Licensed to practice as Radiologic Technologist or a Limited Radiologic Technologist by the Virginia Board of Health Professions;
- Limited Radiologic Technologist must be licensed to practice in the following anatomical areas: chest/thorax, extremities, skull/sinuses, spine and abdomen/pelvis.
Founded by a physician in 1981, Patient First operates medical centers throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. All Patient First Medical Centers are open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day of the year, including holidays. Patient First provides non-appointment urgent care for routine injuries and illnesses, as well as primary care for patients who do not have a regular physician. Each Patient First center has on-site digital x-ray, on-site laboratory, and on-site prescription drugs.
At Patient First, our patients experience outstanding, professional care in an atmosphere where excellence is expected, innovation is continual, and commitment to patient care is our top priority. Make Patient First your work home and join our dedicated team of professionals today!