Patient Aids, Inc. a rapidly growing leader in the provision of clinical respiratory equipment, DME and service to patients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana is seeking outstanding individuals to join our team of professionals. Due to our success, we are constantly looking for talented and qualified candidates. Current openings include:
- Full-time DME Billing and Account Receivable Specialist
Job Summary: Ideal candidates will preferably have prior experience, all necessary license and credentials, a record of accomplishment, a history of reliability, and an expectation of providing outstanding service to our customers.The purpose of the DME Billing and Account Receivables Specialist is initiate billing claims, actively process all denials and ensure follow up on the collection efforts to ensure timely reimbursement for services provided.
- Ability to read and understand medical terminology.
- Review clinical documentation to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines.
- Verify payor source and insurance eligibility.
- Validate ICD-9/10 codes as appropriate for product dispensed.
- Ability to apply correct modifier and HCPCS to claims.
- Submit accurate claims utilizing Brightree billing software.
- Reconcile billing errors on a daily basis.
- Complete CMS 1500 claim forms as required.
- Manage account receivables to maintain payments within 90 days.
- Adhere to monthly closing timeline requirements.
- Maintain excellent communication with company management and co-workers.
- Attendance at all meetings, conference calls, etc. at the discretion of your manager.
- Must be computer literate and possess the ability to acquire working knowledge of all pertinent software related to DME.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations and agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical coding and/or billing certification preferred but not required.
- Prior experience preferred but not required. Patient Aids is willing to train candidates that exhibit the desired qualities.
- Ability to pass a Federal background check.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coordinating and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
*Patient Aids, Inc. offers an outstanding compensation package, a fun and energetic work environment, a strong leadership team and a reputation for providing quality service.