Special Education Teacher 1177840
Pathways of Delaware Wilmington, DE
- Posted: October 31, 2020
Special Education Teacher
Looking to do meaningful work helping others in the community as a Teacher?
Pathways – one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services, is in search of a compassionate, caring, growth-minded Teacher to join our team in Delaware.
For your passion and dedication as a Teacher, we offer paid training, career advancement opportunities, medical/dental/vision, PTO, paid holidays, flexible part time or full time flexible schedule and much, much more (read below)! We realize that your growth is paramount to our continued reputation of quality and service excellence, so we are ready to invest in YOU from day one!
About your Role:
Teachers are responsible for delivering quality instruction to a diverse student population. Teachers are expected to set ambitious learning goals for their students and work to achieve them by utilizing research-supported teaching strategies, forming positive relationships with students predicated on high expectations, and being a good steward of their students’ learning and outcomes.
- Deliver high quality instruction to all students via research-supported teaching strategies.
- Adhere to the state and federal standards, ensuring lessons, homework, class work, and assessments prepare students to be competent, fully engaged learners.
- Utilize regular student progress monitoring to make lesson adjustments, collect progress data, and inform students, staff, and families of progress.
- Form strong relationships with students, based on high expectations of their behavior, attitude, and performance.
- Adhere to the principles of Restorative Practices, including the facilitation of regular student circles within the classroom.
- Create quality lesson plans and unit plans; this will include working with your fellow teachers to collaboratively plan cross-curricular lesson and unit plans.
- Supervise students in various capacities, including during check-in, student meals, dismissal, etc.
- Maintain strong classroom management that allows for a milieu that supports learning and academic risk taking.
- Adhere to the principal elements of our behavioral health services, including, but not limited to, trauma informed care (TIC), Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and mindfulness.
- Attend regular professional learning committee meetings (PLCs), professional development, and collaborative planning sessions.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Does the Following Apply to You?
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years related experience, a current valid teaching certificate, and a Master’s degree in teaching, a subject matter discipline, or a related field.
- A valid Delaware teaching certificate is required. Candidates may be hired if they are eligible for a teaching certificate or possess an emergency certificate.
Perks for working Full time at Pathways:
- 401 K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid Vacation days that increase with tenure after the first year!
- Separate Paid Sick leave that rolls over each year
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for advancement in our national company! As we grow, you grow with us!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks @ Pathways (student loan refinancing, pet insurance, Verizon wireless discount, movie, hotel, concert and sporting event discounts)
If you're #readytowork Pathways of Delaware is #readytohire!
Not the job you’re looking for?
Pathways of Delaware has a variety of positions in various locations; please go to https://pathways-of-delaware.careerplug.com/jobs
To Learn More About Us:
Pathways @ http://www.pathways.com/mission-vision-and-values/
Pathways of Delaware @ https://www.pathways.com/delaware
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.