Welcome to Pathways of California’s career website! If you are passionate about helping others and enthusiastic about your future, we want you to join our team!
Our company is known for an unwavering commitment to exceptional value and recovery-focused, quality care. We are experts in the field of behavioral health care, providing cutting-edge mental health and substance use community-based services and offer a dynamic employment experience! Pathways offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive on-boarding and job training, a supportive learning environment, ongoing education in the use of evidence-based, promising practices and much more! We are well-known in the field and have been a preferred provider in the Southern California region for over 20 years partnering with local government agencies and managed care companies to offer personalized, integrated care to community members of all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. You will find that we have several openings ranging from administrative to clinical positions in a variety of service areas and settings in Southern California. Join one of our Pathways companies, Pathways Community Services (PCS) and/or College Community Services (CCS) and experience it for yourself! We have over 30 outpatient behavioral health locations nestled throughout our communities located in Kern County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Diego County.
is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program. Catalyst provides full service partnership services to Transitional Age Youth (TAY) ages 16 to 25 with a serious mental illness, and who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in San Diego County. Catalyst’s ACT team provides comprehensive, individualized services in an integrated and continuous manner. Services are collaborative and recovery-oriented, and treatment includes: psychiatric assessment, medication management, individual therapy, substance abuse treatment, co-occurring disorders treatment, supportive housing, resource linkage, advocacy, family psycho-education and therapy, supportive employment and education development, legal assistance, community integration services, peer support and group counseling.
Pathways is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a full-time Licensed Vocational Nurse at our Lake Isabella location, who will be under the direction and supervision of a medical doctor, educates clients on medications and side effects, TB, HIV and hepatitis and the use of drugs and alcohol. Also, provides case coordination for more complex patients with multiple medications or conditions. The LVN combines an understanding of the System of Care with critical medical, psychiatric symptom and drug interaction knowledge to support and enhance clinical team efforts in providing service to clients
- Graduate from an accredited vocational nursing school or accredited school for Psychiatric Technicians
- Current license to practice in the resident state
- Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
- One-year acute care experience and community clinic experience preferred
- Perinatal and substance abuse experience and education required
- Knowledge and experience working with the severely and persistently mentally ill population
- Good organizational skills and communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Intermediate level PC skills required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provides case management/linkage services for more complex clients with multiple medications or conditions
- Follows-up with issuing medical doctors orders and pharmacies to ensure prescriptions filled accurately and promptly
- Under direction and supervision of a medical doctor, may dispense and administer medications
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with community resources to assist in case management
- Educates clients on various diseases such as TB, HIV and hepatitis
- Counsels clients on the effect of alcohol and drug
- Teaches parenting skills and child development education
- Functions as a resource to client, family and community resources and allied professionals
- Provide the best customer care possible, including reliability in working scheduled hours
- Identify and build upon the strengths of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve
- Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness
- Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers
- Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry
- Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own services to ensure the best possible outcomes
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Pathways of California