Facilities & Maintenance Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Facilities and Maintenance Specialist is responsible for overseeing the general maintenance and upkeep of Pathways’ main office and satellite offices as needed. Performs basic maintenance including general light & heavy repair as needed. Examples of work to be performed include, but are not limited to, painting, light plumbing, basic carpentry, etc. Coordinates and performs activities related to Facilities operations including set up of offices and conference rooms. Conducts office cleaning, trash collection and repairs.
Conducts upkeep and maintenance of all agency vehicles.
Serves as a courier, picking up and/or dropping off mail, packages, bank deposits, donations, etc. May shuttle agency vehicles between offices and pick up or transport staff members to and from outside meetings. Assists in the receipt, storage, and distribution of donations, including food, clothing, etc.
Performs related work.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the daily and after hours cleaning and trash collection of Pathways main office. May serve as liaison with other cleaning contractors, including document shredding providers as necessary.
- Monitor and respond to facility requests via either personal requests or through Facilities request tracker. Maintain log of facilities requests, monitor open/closed status, follow up on items not closed in timely manner.
- Perform small repairs; e.g.; plumbing, painting, carpentry, furniture and appliances as needed.
- Issue building and office keys to all new staff. Maintain all locks and make copies of keys as needed.
- Ensure all smoke detectors and alarms in all Pathways offices are in working order.
- Coordinate work with property managers, inspectors or contractors as needed.
- Perform seasonal maintenance/prevention.
- Purchase coffee service, janitorial, and maintenance related items
- Schedule and monitor office move requests, physical setup and break down of computers.
- Assists in maintenance and organization of donation room. Receives all donations, coordinates with appropriate personnel for distribution of food and other materials.
- Responsible for upkeep and maintenance of all agency vehicles. Ensures all vehicles have current registration, inspection and insurance documentation. Confirms all safety equipment are in vehicles and in good working order.
- Coordinates and oversees vehicle maintenance and repairs as necessary.
- Monitors DC.gov and/or MD MVA for outstanding parking and traffic tickets. Coordinates timely payment of fines, notifies staff members of outstanding tickets
- Drops off bank deposits, purchases gift cards.
- Prepares packages for shipping, drops off packages to post office and overnight carriers. Assists in the delivery of packages as needed.
- Provides transportation to Pathways employees, to and from external meetings as needed.
- Purchases food, household goods and other materials for meetings, office events as needed.
- Arranges and picks up supplies of petty cash, tokens, quarters for parking meter as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
- Experience and ability to perform basic building maintenance/repairs, including painting, light plumbing, locksmithing, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer skills, including responsiveness and prompt follow-up
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record; ability to drive a 12 passenger van
- Familiarity with basic vehicle maintenance: change tires, jumpstart cars, top off fluids, oil change, registration, repairs, and daily spot check.
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Patience, compassion, sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other underserved populations.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as necessary. May be required to respond to emergencies on nights or weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move 50+ pounds. Must be able to stand for lengthy periods of time as necessary.
Pathways To Housing DC Inc
Real EstateView all jobs at Pathways To Housing DC Inc
Get fresh Facilities Maintenance Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.