Chief Program Officer
- Posted: 7 days ago
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will serve as a critical member of the executive management team. In collaboration with the CEO, the CPO will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the agency; oversee a significant portfolio of programs and related services; evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback; help to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship at an agency with a healthy mix of government funding and private philanthropic support; raise the agency’s profile through external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to program leadership staff; and enhance the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in Housing First and homeless services for adults experiencing homelessness. The CPO will fully embrace and embody Pathways to Housing DC’s recovery-oriented, Housing First culture and carry that to others with high energy, positivity, and intentionality.
The CPO will oversee a program portfolio that includes our Homeless Services (e.g., outreach and Downtown Day Services Center), Housing First, Integrated Health, and Behavioral Services programs.
BENEFITS: Pathways to Housing DC provides:
- CEUs for clinical licensure
- 15 days vacation to start plus sick leave and 10 paid holidays
- Paid Sick and COVID leave
- Health Insurance (singles, partner, and family coverage offered), including an employer sponsored HSA account to offset the cost of copays and healthcare services
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Pathways’ paid LTD
- Pathways’ paid life insurance
- 403b Match
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Many additional employee paid services such as legal coverage, Short Term Disability, and pre-tax commuter benefits
Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy
- In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites and departments.
- Directly supervise Senior Director of Programs; working closely with senior program staff to build their skills and confidence so that they can mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff. Provide assistance and guidance on troubleshooting program and staff performance challenges. Mentor directors, managers, and coordinators on how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Create and support a high performing culture in the program department aligned with PTHDC core values. Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal, by clearly communicating agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans, and mentoring. Coordinate with the rest of the Executive team to identify and create leadership and professional development opportunities for PTHDC staff.
- Participate in the budget development process.
- Support the response of RFP’s proposal writing and partnering with the CEO and COO to steward funding relationships. Coordinate with the Chief Operating Officer on developing new program ideas and pilot projects, including integrating Evidence Based Practices into the program department.
- In partnership with the Executive Team, implement PTHDC’s strategic priorities, as well as develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- Serve as liaison to key government agencies, the DC Department of Behavioral Health, and other community stakeholders
- Represent PTHDC on relevant committees and task forces, as well as at speaking engagements, conference panels, and trainings.
- Monitor emerging needs among key stakeholders such as clients, government, philanthropy, and employers.
- Work closely with the COO to establish and monitor programs using data and dashboards.
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Work closely with the finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data and dashboards to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures if required.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Licensed Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Minimum 8 years of progressive management experience supervising professionals in direct work with persons with mental health disorders and/or substance use disorders.
- Strong working knowledge of Housing First, harm reduction, and motivational interviewing.
- Ability to lead and manage in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the development of collaborative, cross-functional teams and build and inspire the leadership capacity of team members.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports towards high standards and fostering an open, trusting, collaborative and respectful team culture.
- Experience with the supervision/management of government contracts required.
- Experience or familiarity with ACT highly desired.
- Familiarity with Medicaid billing highly desired.
COVID 19: Effective September 19, 2021, the District of Columbia (DC) mandates COVID-19 vaccination for government employees, contractors, interns, and grantees. As a DC government contractor, we comply with this mandate by ensuring that all employees are in compliance with being vaccinated or have an approved exemption. If you would like to proceed with completing an employment application, it is with the understanding that Pathways to Housing DC complies with the DC COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
Pathways to Housing DC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Pathways To Housing DC Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Pathways To Housing DC Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?