Chief Operating Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that Pathways to Housing DC has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO will serve as a thought partner with the Executive Director around developing new business opportunities and furthering the Pathways mission. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the COO serves as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide strategic leadership oversight and management to the following operational areas:
Housing First Services (20%)
Clinical Services and Integrated Care – including Housing First Teams (ACT/Community Support, PSH, and Veterans)
- Accountable for outcomes of all housing first services and ancillary services supporting program participants.
- Accountable for revenue management oversight for all fee-for-service programs. - Monitor compliance for all federal and local contracts (e.g., HUD, VA, DHS, DBH) - Oversee annual fidelity evaluations on programs utilizing best practices such as ACT, Pathways Housing First, DHS, and ensure other service contract requirements are met.
- Accountable for oversight of the Housing Department that currently manages all housing related aspects of moving individuals into permanent housing, working with landlords, and processing rents.
Financial Oversight (20%)
- Work closely with Director of Finance to create budgets for new and existing programs. - Work closely with Chief Program Officer and managers to oversee program budgets and ensure revenue maximization through strategic ‘spending’ plans.
- Help identify new business opportunities that fit within Pathways’ mission and strategic growth.
Continuous Quality Improvement (15%)
- Accountable for measurement and effectiveness of internal processes and ongoing quality assurance and improvement efforts for the entire agency
- Oversee internal audit and monitoring functions
- Oversee mission evaluation and measurement with an emphasis on comparative data and outcomes. This includes implementation of staff and consumer satisfactions surveys and measuring Strategic Plan outcomes.
Strategic Planning & Initiatives (30%)
- Responsible for leading implementation of strategic plan in partnership with the Executive Director
- Responsible for implementation and oversight of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic initiatives.
- Develop project management plans for new business and projects
Facilities, Human Resources, & IT (15%)
- Ensure the safety and quality of Pathways’ facilities, including main office and satellites. - Primary oversight of subcontractor relationships for service delivery (e.g., Pharmacy, Unity Healthcare, Security)
- Act as primary point of contact for landlord and leasing negotiations.
- Directly manage the Director of Human Resources and work in partnership with HR to ensure Pathways has the staff recruited, trained, and maintained to achieve our mission.
- Develop proposals and negotiate new business in partnership with the Executive Director. - Serve as a key internal leader, attracting, coaching and retaining high-performance team members, and supporting staff in prioritizing their time and resources toward maximizing their impact.
- Hone the metrics and measurements that will quantify our programs’ performance against goals and monitor/improve upon internal system for obtaining and reporting those metrics and measurements. Provide clear, accurate data to the Executive Director for dissemination to the Board and funding partners demonstrating programs performance against goals.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
The COO must believe in the core values of Pathways to Housing DC and be driven by our mission. They should demonstrate a passion for bringing about social change. They must have proven experience in scaling a growing organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a mission-driven, diverse team. Additional requirements are:
• Master’s degree
• Minimum 7 years of management experience, including 3+ years oversight of multiple departments.
• Understanding of business metrics including profit/loss statements
• Familiarity with federal regulations governing grantees
• Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytic ability making one a creative problem solver
• Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment
Supervisory Responsibilities: Director of Human Resources, Director of QI, Director of Housing Operations, and Billing Analyst.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Office and/or business environment. Some agency and community meetings and events. Attendance at fundraising and networking events. Some light lifting is required. Significant sitting and computer work is required. Significant interaction with agency clientele and the general public. There will be some travel to attend national conferences/events.
Pathways To Housing DC Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Pathways To Housing DC Inc