Full time teaching position for a small high school group of students. Signing bonus of $3,000 is being offered for the high school position.
- Assess students’ abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing and theater drama)
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counselors and speech therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
- Proven experience as a Special Education Teacher or relevant role
- Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
- Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities
- Ability to create IEPs
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid state special education certificate
- BSc in Special Education; MSc is a plus
Pathways School & Evaluation Center
Why Work Here?Pathways is a small private school serving students with special education needs. We offer students the opportunity to reach their potential through small class sizes, specialized curriculum and a supportive family like environment.
Pathways offers competitive salary, continuing education opportunities, small class sizes and great team work.