For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader, and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high-quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect.
TITLE: Electronic Health Record System Manager
OFFICE LOCATION: Sunnyvale
SCHEDULE: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Electronic Health Record System Manager is primarily responsible is to ensure the education and training of clinical staff to the electronic health record, managing direct reports and for developing data-driven solutions to healthcare business needs. Working directly with the Director of Quality, Education,and Compliance, the Electronic Health Record System Manager will ensure that education on the electronic health record is completed. The Electronic Health Record System Manager must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff. A comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and regulations is required. The Electronic Health Record System Manager will be expected to perform various special projects as assigned, as well as meet appropriate accuracy standards and deadlines.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Creates, organizes and assures that initial training is given to the clinical staff and at specifically defined intervals on an ongoing basis.
• Evaluates and assesses the ability of the end user to utilize the field devices and makes a recommendation for remedial training that may need to occur.
• Manages the performance of direct reports.
• Leads activities that include database building, education, data collection, data analysis, documentation, and troubleshooting.
• Gathers, documents and tracks on business requirements based on various project needs.
• Maintains accurate project documentation including minutes, issues, and status reports.
• Creates and develops enhancements to improve staff documentation efficiencies.
• Effectively performs presentations to various levels of staff.
• Creates and maintains user manuals and supports the field activities related to the electronic health record.
• Coordinates with the software vendor and designated project to assure timely implementation of upgrades and/or modifications to electronic health records.
• Serves as an effective communication bridge between business and technical staff.
• Manages multiple projects with varying priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Understands complex processes and legacy databases.
• Responsible for optimizing electronic health record systems.
• Provides training at Pathways branch offices and in patients’ place of residence with staff as necessary.
• Stays knowledgeable of home health and hospice regulations such as the Conditions of Participation, OASIS, Title XXII, HIPAA, and Joint Commission standards.
• Participates in management meetings, committees, and task forces as needed.
• Utilizes SQL and web-based reporting/deployment.
• Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
• College degree in business, health administration or clinical license (PT, OT, RN, MSW, LVN), or equivalent industry and technical analysis experience
• Healthcare experience (clinical preferred) or experience directly related to position responsibilities.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in IT preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in management preferred.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Knowledge of electronic health record (EHR).
• Prior clinical software implementation experience is a plus.
• General understanding of services management related to the healthcare industry, preferably home health experience.