Cloud / GCP/IAC engineering
Pathways Consulting San Fernando, CA
- Posted: 8 days ago
We are seeking experienced Cloud Engineers to develop new Cloud-native tools and services with extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC). In this role, you will architecture, design, build and manage physical data structures designed for flexibility, scalability, and resiliency to support current and future business needs of all the SaaS products and initiatives in an automated, repeatable way. Tools and services built by Cloud Engineering will provide the cloud-native foundation for future SaaS Products and Services. You will also design, build, and maintain processes and components of a data pipeline to support analytics, focusing on data quality and governance, pipeline performance, and best practices for democratized data access. You will also collaborate across partner teams on design and architecture with our IAC principles and make recommendations for improvements.
If you’re an expert in DevOps principles, Containers, Event-driven technology, traditional data warehousing, ETL and/or big data pipeline and processing, you’re exactly who we’re seeking. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a self-starter who’s comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big without overlooking minute details, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’re perfect for our team.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
· Design and build SaaS's cloud infrastructure platforms using infrastructure as code methods to accelerate software engineering and data science teams’ ability to deliver new products and services
· Design and build cloud tools that democratize access to the cloud to accelerate software engineering and data science teams’ ability to deliver new products and services
· Consume centrally base Hardened OS (Linux and Windows)
· Ensure compliance with centrally defined Security and with Operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
· Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
· Support non-functional requirements such as serviceability, supportability, logging, Monitoring and alerting etc.
· Ensure good Change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards.
· Provide impact assessments where requested for changes proposed on GCP core platform
· On a rotational on-call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24 x 7 coverage
Years of Experience in Related Field: Minimum 5-10 Years
Education: Masters/Bachelors Preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Expert understanding of DevOps principles, Platform and Infrastructure as Code concepts and techniques
· Strong understanding of Containers, Git, Jenkins, CI/CD and available tools
· Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
· Proficient with Terraform and a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks.
· Experience with Big Data on GCP - BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Dataflow. (Nice to have)
· Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies (Nice to have)
· Experience with container orchestration technologies (kubernetes, mesos, swarm etc.) and deployment methodologies, configuration management tools(CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.), and logging (ELK) and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, etc.)
· Prototype, develop and apply software integrations based on user feedback.
· Implement automation tools and frameworks (Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines).
· Experience of building a range of Services in a Cloud Service provider (ideally GCP)
· Able to carry out approaches such as risk-management, clustering, load balancing, and failover.
· Conduct system tests for security, performance, and availability.
· A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
· Working knowledge in IP and storage networking including SDN, Linux, application networking, DNS, SAN and hybrid technologies
· Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
· Demonstrable Cloud service provider experience (ideally GCP) - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Compute, Storage, SDN (VPC and XPN)
· Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools
· We run in Google Cloud and rely heavily on BigQuery, Cloud Storage and our internal ETL frameworks to automate tasks, Experience with these technologies is a plus.
· Experience working within an Agile environment
· Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Terraform, Ansible etc.)
· Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
· Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
Some possibility for Remote
DURATION: End of year or longer
AddressSan Fernando, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Pathways Consulting