Behavioral Health Counselor
Pathway Healthcare Vicksburg, MS
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Behavioral Health Counselor’s role is to provide best in class behavioral therapies to patients with a wide range of mental health conditions and substance use disorders using proven treatment modalities including but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and Stages of Change Therapy. Pathway Healthcare’s model for treating addiction diseases includes and is equally dependent on Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) and behavioral health counseling and treatment. The Behavioral Health Counselor is critical to Pathway’s mission To Help People.
1. By focusing on own behaviors and providing appropriate suggestions, contribute to building and maintaining a culture that supports Pathway's mission, WE HELP PEOPLE.
2. Build and maintain knowledge related to the growing and evolving evidenced based treatment practices in addiction counseling.
3. Provide outpatient counseling services to individuals, couples, families, groups, as well as part of an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) setting.
4. Prior to each session, review the patient’s electronic medical record to be aware of any needs, changes in treatment plan, medication, or care since last visit.
5. Create a comfortable, relaxed, trusting environment to encourage patients to speak openly about their emotions and perspectives.
6. Complete clinical assessments on each new and existing patient as necessary, using validated assessment tools and collaborate with the patient to determine the most appropriate behavioral health treatment plan.
7. Provide patients with empathetic and compassionate behavioral health care in the office setting and/or via TeleHealth.
8. After each session, record pertinent patient information into the patient’s electronic medical record, to include progress note, diagnosis, clinical opinions, as updated treatment plan, if needed.
9. Complete administrative tasks to ensure the continuous flow of pertinent patient information to and from other treating providers.
10. The person in this role will need to complete a minimum of 25 Patient Facing Hours each week.
11. Manage a case load of 125-160 patients
12. Collaborate with in-house Medical Doctors, Psychiatrists, and Patient Care Coordinators.
13. Office hours will be 8am-5pm Monday – Friday.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Each Behavioral Health Counselor, to provide the highest level of behavioral health treatment available to patients, and to meet each state’s licensure requirements must possess the following credentials and be in good standing:
Each Behavioral Health Counselor must have obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Work or another clinical counseling clinical field and be independently licensed in the state they are working.
· HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SALARIES
· $1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
· Opportunity to earn upwards of $85K
· Annual Performance Evaluations with increases
· Mandatory self-care days off that will not count towards accrued PTO
· Competitive benefits package
This is why our outpatient behavioral care is not cookie-cutter. Our programs include psychiatric care, medical care, licensed counseling care, medication management for both addiction and psychiatric care, and case management.
Pathway HealthcareWhy Work Here?
Pathway Healthcare is on a mission to help people! We are an employee focused company that prides itself on patient care.
We understand the difficulties in the lives of patients; issues such as working multiple jobs, juggling family life, and sometimes, just getting out of bed. We also know that mental health and addiction disorders vary in complexity from one individual to another. This is why our outpatient behavioral care is not cookie-cutter. Our programs include psychiatric care, medical care, licensed counseling care, medication management for both addiction and psychiatric care, and case management.
HealthcareView all jobs at Pathway Healthcare