This is an Estimator position working as a part of the Sales Team providing sales estimates/quotes to the sales team.
This position is responsible for generating quotes/estimates for specific customers as requested by the Salespeople. This will include quoting for refurbishment and new products including support parts. Communication and building relationships with suppliers or raw materials and components.
This position also requires understanding of engineering principles and also be able to read and understand in house and customer provided blueprints/drawings and/or specifications.
This role will be office related and will work typically 5 days a week but can include weekends and modified hours as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Good computer skills (Office, Word, Excel, Access)
· Good attitude and people skills
· Good listener
· Able to keep calm, professional demeanor always
· Good mechanical and aptitude skills
· Reasonable experience with, and understanding of operational efficiencies
· Ability to think logically and orderly
· Willing to keep an open mind and to objectively accept and deliver constructive criticism
· Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to ever changing situations
· Self-starter - able to recognize the need for, develop and implement new processes as required to improve the efficiency of the company
· Good computer skills
· Well versed in Engineering Principles – in particular- Mechanical items and materials
· Must be able to read and understanding blueprints/drawings
· Basic Economic Principles
· Basic understanding of Sales and order entry process
· Good communication