The Staff Accountant will work in conjunction with the Controller and the Finance team to ensure Pathlabs maintains accurate and complete financial records. The staff accountant will be primarily responsible for the processing of the core day-to-day transactions of the business, assisting in the financial close process and regular communication with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
The ideal candidate for this job has a high attention to detail, and is self-motivated, quick thinking, and able to appropriately balance and prioritize a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Receives, processes and verifies bills which includes communication with Pathlabs team members and vendors to ensure approval and accuracy of the charges
- Records bills into the accounting system ensuring correct coding by department and general ledger account
- Prepares payment for vendors ensuring discount opportunities are being monitored, discrepancies have been resolved and proper documentation and approval has been received
- Provides payment remittances to all vendors and ensures accounting records properly reflect payments made
Work collaboratively with other members of the finance team in the monthly invoicing process. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assist with the onboarding of new customers (e.g. initiating credit checks, providing vendor documentation, etc.)
- Monthly invoicing of customers in accordance with contracts, booking the revenue and corresponding cost of goods sold into the accounting system.
- Operating flexibly and fluidly as the process grows and changes
- Prepare the bi-weekly payroll
- Record payroll journal entries into the accounting system
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts monthly
- Code and record corporate credit card activity within the accounting system weekly
- Assist in month-end closing process in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with the development of new policies, procedures and process improvements
- Support the Finance team with compliance and audits procedures as needed
- Assist with other duties as deemed appropriate by the Controller and CF
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Quick learner with a passion for technology and data
- Creative problem solver
- Regularly go above and beyond to exceed expectations and goals.
- Innovative mindset with a passion for bringing forth new ideas and process improvements
- High degree of personal accountability, diligence, and proactivity
- Passion for digital advertising and technology
- You have the ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism
- Alignment with Pathlabs’ Core Values:
- Unforgettable Service
- People First
- Own It
- Master the craft
Skills and Requirements
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-2 years professional experience a plus
- Professional persona and attitude
- Strong communicator - both written and verbal
- Proficiency in G-Suite. Candidates must have strong skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Experience in QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in the advertising industry is a plus
Pathlabs is an end-to-end digital media partner built for agencies. We handle all aspects of our clients’ digital media campaigns, so they can focus on growing their business.
Pathlabs is an extension of an agency’s team, combining the best of both worlds between in-house teams and media vendors. In a product-obsessed world, we double down on service-based solutions. We focus on planning, executing, optimizing, and reporting of performance-based paid advertising campaigns - providing our clients a single point of entry into the world of digital media.
Commitment to Inclusivity
Pathlabs recognizes and values the impact that diversity in background, experiences, culture, and identity brings to our company. Pathlabs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, gender identity, disability, and any other classification, rather we celebrate these differences. We encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and gender diverse people to apply and we prioritize creating a safe and inclusive workplace for all individuals.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off & 13 paid holidays annually
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Benefits with generous company contribution
- 401k with 4% company match
- Hybrid workplace with in office, flexible and remote options
- Dog friendly offices
- Employee Assistance Program with up to 8 free counseling sessions
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly virtual yoga
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.