UI/UX Designer - Advertising - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Leave the mundane behind!
We are looking for a versatile designer – someone who is equally comfortable taking on UX deliverables as well as providing polished, on-brand visual designs. A UI/UX Designer is responsible for assisting the Lead Developer in creating UX deliverables and designs for large-scale websites. They will also be the lead on the creation of landing pages, email campaigns, individual components, and digital assets.This is a full-time permanent position with our agency located in Mishawaka, IN and is 100% remote eligible.
You should be a creative thinker with a logical mind ready to tackle challenges in advertising for the modern consumer. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with other creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists. Working for a variety of clients, you will need to concept and design for a broad mix of projects for consumer goods, from coffee, to appliances, to bank cards.
Pathfinders is a forward-thinking, dynamic place to work with a culture defined by positioning our people as our most important asset. We want you to have a career here, and we will invest in you to make that happen. Founded with this philosophy in mind over 40 years ago, there’s never been a dull moment. We've experienced continued growth and success through the connections we've made, the relationships we've built, and the clients we serve as a team.
Get to know us at www.pathfind.com
What you will do, in greater detail:
- Lead the UX/UI design process from conception to development for small web projects, landing pages, and emails
- Collaborate with the team on large-scale website projects which require many phases of agile design and development
- Collaborate with the team on large scale website UI style guides and component libraries
- Ensure consistency with brand-guidelines and existing design patterns
- Translate provided wireframes into engaging and on-brand UI designs
- Collaborate with team on the implementation of motion in order to enhance the overall presentation and interactivity of digital products
- Collaborate with the team on user experience design and research deliverables, such as wireframes, user flows, heuristic reviews, and user testing reports
- Collaborate with the team to provide quick sketches as well as detailed wireframes and annotations as needed to provide clarification and direction on projects
- Autonomously follow strategy and research documentation to iterate designs based on internal team, client and user feedback as needed
- Review the work of front-end developers for quality assurance
- Present work to internal team members in order to drive project understanding and gather feedback and alignment
What we’d like to see in a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, marketing; BS in Human-Computer Interaction; or other related field
- 2-5+ years of related industry experience (creative agency, digital marketing or consulting)
- UI/UX portfolio of work exhibiting the skillset required to complete the job
- Experience with WCAG compliance
- Experience with UX heuristics and best practices
- Experience with collaborative wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma preferred)
- Experience working on WordPress, Shopify, Mailchimp and HubSpot a plus
- Experience with the Adobe Suite
- Understanding of agile principles and how they can be flexibly applied
- Understanding of UI style guides and component libraries
- Expert understanding of what it takes to build digital products (e.g., website, apps, HTML e-mails)
- Strong understanding of information architecture, user experience design and research methods, and design principles
- Strong understanding of technical SEO best practices
- Ability to successfully work with a variety of personalities (client/internal), proven team-building skills, and ability to motivate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.
Our approach employs unique methods of evaluating the landscape of competition, challenges and potential opportunity. We then plan both traditional and experimental means of seizing that opportunity and overcoming the existing hurdles.
Pathfinders believes that diversity is an advantage and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, or any other protected status.
1250 Park PlaceChicago, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?