Leave the mundane behind!
Pathfinders is a forward-thinking, dynamic creative space with a culture defined by positioning our people as our most important asset. We want you to have a career here, and we will invest in you to make that happen. Founded with this philosophy in mind over 40 years ago, we have grown to be one of the largest advertising agencies in Indiana and have been named one of the best places to work in Indiana on multiple occasions. As a fiercely independent agency with clients across the country, we understand the value of a positive work-life balance and stability.
Get to know us at www.pathfind.com
We are currently seeking a motivated Director of Creative Project Management with agency experience to join our Project Management Department in the South Bend/Mishawaka area. Home of Notre Dame and one of the fastest growing markets in the Midwest, the South Bend/Mishawaka metro area is a great place to live, work, and play! We boast a great housing market, affordable living, a college town atmosphere, train service to Chicago (South Shore), and an international airport. Finally, we offer relocation assistance!
Our Director of Creative Project Management is responsible for leading our team of project managers and integrated producers to deliver high quality strategic and creative deliverables that deliver client satisfaction and meet business objectives.
You should be the kind of professional, who has a mastery of interpersonal and presentation skills, project management life cycles, and acute attention to detail. You love working in teams, collaborating with creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists.
You will work on a variety of clients and platforms and collaborate in an environment where you can bring ideas and solutions to the table, daily. Here is what a Project Management Director does, in further detail:
- Strategizes and works with team to establish baseline project plans for all agency outputs – using Project Management best practices and current trends
- Establishes reports and documentation to keep clients and agency informed on project, studio and portfolio budget tracking, deliverable progress and issue tracking
- Leads efforts to refine and improve agency processes across studios and teams.
- Analyzes and prioritizes enterprise activities and needs, while establishing attainable deadlines
- Resolves enterprise related issues and escalates larger enterprise issues and risk as needed
- Documents, manages, and ensures efficient workflows within the department using agency tools
- Leads agency team members to problem solve and resolve project challenges
- Effectively assigns, delegates, coordinates, and monitors all PM team members
- Ensures teams are delivering as promised (on time, on budget, etc.)
- Verifies agency outputs meet specifications and uphold quality standards of client/agency
- Ensures provided input (internal or external) provides clear, actionable steps
- Achieves consensus among diverse and dissenting viewpoints, while effectively translating ideas into prioritized and actionable steps
- Establishes new and solidify existing vendor/freelance relationships
- Provides guidance how to modify approach to meet client, budget, timing constraints
- Assembles the right project team to deliver upon an initiative’s scope and specs
- Responsible for Management and training of Project Managers
What we’d like to see:
- B.Sc./B.A. in related field required
- PMP or PMI-ACP Certification required
- 7+ years of agency experience. Experience with agencies that have a heavy production environment (digital, experiential, social, video, photography) is a plus.
- Project Management experience including contract acquisition, discovery, budgeting, pricing, proposal, and implementation.
- Understanding of the creative process / associated deliverables, no matter the medium, and be able to effectively communicate to internal stakeholders and clients, including but not limited to:
- Digital: requirements gathering, discovery/research, architecture, visual design, development, QA, content inventories, wireframes/prototypes, design comps, etc.
- Print: concepting, execution, production, etc.
- Social media: content calendars, asset production, etc.
- Video/photography: scripting and storyboarding, production, editing, staging, wardrobe, etc.
- Marketing services related: immersion session, research, straw-man plan, annual plan, etc.
- Advanced understanding of the advertising industry, no matter the medium, including but not limited to:
- Digital: Responsive web design, APIs, database structure, lead nurturing, email, landing pages, banner ads, PPC, etc.
- Print: Booth design, direct mail, card design, sell sheets, collateral, white papers, UPC codes, etc.
- Social media: Instagram stories, Snapchat filters, Hashtags, etc.
- Video/photography: Explainer video, testimonial, flat lay, tutorial, etc.
- Marketing Services: Programmatic media, positioning, branding, annual plan, moderation, reporting, analytics, etc.
- Knowledge of marketing and agency related technologies and trends
- Excellent verbal ability and personal diplomacy
- Strong reasoning, attention, and memory skills
- Assertive and self-confident, but also conscientious and patient
- Motivated and goal-oriented
- Team player and cooperative
- Relaxed with high stress tolerance
- Strong managerial and planning skills
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, 15 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.