Leave the mundane behind!
Pathfinders is a forward-thinking, dynamic creative space with a culture defined by positioning our people as our most important asset. We want you to have a career here, and we will invest in you to make that happen. Founded with this philosophy in mind over 40 years ago, we have grown to be one of the largest advertising agencies in Indiana and have been named one of the best places to work in Indiana on multiple occasions. As a fiercely independent agency with clients across the country, we understand the value of a positive work-life balance and stability.
Get to know us at www.pathfind.com
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Project Management team. Project Managers at Pathfinders establish the right structure and approach to deliver the work for all facets of the organization while ensuring projects are executed flawlessly and deliver high client satisfaction. Working for a variety of projects, you will need to be the “bridge” between account services and the creative department.
You should be the kind of professional, who has a mastery of interpersonal and presentation skills, project management life cycles, and acute attention to detail. You love working in teams, collaborating with creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists.
You will work on a variety of clients and platforms and collaborate in an environment where you can bring ideas and solutions to the table, daily. Here is what a Project Manager does, in further detail:
- Maintains baseline project plans for all agency outputs – using Project Management best practices and current trends
- Maintains reports and documentation keeping clients and agency informed on project, studio and portfolio budget tracking, deliverable progress and issue tracking
- Contributes to efforts to refine and improve agency processes across studios and teams
- Analyzes/prioritizes project activities and stakeholder needs, while establishing deadlines
- Resolves project-related issues, or escalate larger project issues and risk as needed
- Executes and maintain efficient workflows on assigned projects using agency tools
- Collaborates with agency team members to problem solve and resolve project challenges while delivering high quality work on time and on budget
- Effectively assigns, delegates, coordinates, and monitors the work of team assigned to projects
- Ensures that the projects are set up for success and that all deliverables have been completed and within specification and budget parameters
- Reviews agency outputs to ensure they meet specifications and uphold quality standards
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure high quality work is delivered
- Develops the right project plan to deliver the work for any given initiative
- Manages the project team to deliver upon an initiative’s scope and specs
What we’d like to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Project Management, Business, or other related field.
- PMP or PMI-ACP Certification is a plus but not required.
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience. Direct experience with agencies that have a heavy production environment (digital, experiential, social, video, photography) is a plus.
- Project Management experience including contract acquisition, discovery, budgeting, pricing, proposal, and implementation.
- Typical software competencies are required (Microsoft Office, Adobe, CRM applications, etc.)
- Understanding of the advertising industry as it relates to [studio/discipline] executions, including but not limited to:
- Digital: Responsive web design, APIs, database structure, lead nurturing, email, landing pages, banner ads, PPC, etc.
- Print: Booth/card design, direct mail, sell sheets, collateral, white papers, UPC codes
- Social media: Instagram stories, Snapchat filters, Hashtags, etc.
- Video/photography: Explainer video, testimonial, flat lay, tutorial, etc.
- Marketing Services: Programmatic media, positioning, branding, annual plan, moderation, reporting, analytics, etc.
- Understanding of studio creative process and deliverables and ability to effectively communicate to internal stakeholders and clients, including but not limited to:
- Digital: requirements gathering, discovery/research, architecture, visual design, development, QA, content inventories, wireframes/prototypes, design comps, etc.
- Print: concepting, execution, production, etc.
- Social media: content calendars, asset production, etc.
- Video/photography: scripting and storyboarding, production, editing, staging, wardrobe
- Marketing services related: immersion session, research, strawman plan, annual plan, etc.
- Knowledge of studio related technologies and trends
- Familiar with various project management methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.)
- Able to identify/resolve issues, manage risk and develop work plans and specifications
- Excellent verbal ability and personal diplomacy
- Strong reasoning, attention, and memory skills
- Assertive and self-confident, but also conscientious and patient
- Motivated and goal-oriented
- Team player and cooperative
- Relaxed with high stress tolerance
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, 15 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.