Leave the mundane behind!
Pathfinders is a forward-thinking, dynamic place to work with a culture defined by positioning our people as our most important asset. We want you to have a career here, and we will invest in you to make that happen. Founded with this philosophy in mind over 40 years ago, there’s never been a dull moment. We've experienced continued growth and success through the connections we've made, the relationships we've built, and the clients we serve as a team.
We are currently seeking a polished Creative Director to join our creative team. As a Creative Director, you will be responsible for leading the creative team’s execution of brand strategy. However, in a vertically integrated organization such as Pathfinders, a successful Creative Director will also be adept at collaborating with stakeholders outside of the creative realm. A Creative Director at Pathfinders provides strategic and creative guidance for all facets of marketing services and every creative studio – print, video/photo, social, and digital – while achieving the best possible outcomes (i.e. ROI) and high client satisfaction. You will need to work closely with account services, in order to provide insight during the scoping, briefing and job start processes. You should understand capacity and workflow, to best determine accurate timelines for projects and collaborate with Project Managers on the delivery of assets. Finally, you have a polished presence, in order to effectively represent the creative function in client-facing meetings.
You should be a creative thinker with a logical mind ready to tackle challenges in advertising for the modern consumer. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with other creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists. Working for a variety of clients, you will need to oversee a broad mix of projects for consumer goods, from coffee, to appliances, to bank cards.
What you will do, in greater detail:
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies for various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Collaborate with account services to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements and write project briefs when necessary
- Direct and motivate teams of studio artists, copywriters, video producers, etc. to help them use their talents effectively
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate on-strategy ideas
- Write and design unique, and well-crafted, copy that meet clients’ needs as well as our own
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide constructive feedback to the team
- Train and guide studio directors into accomplished professionals
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- Participate in improving internal processes
- Learn client nuances and brands at a deep level
- Stay on top of industry trends (marketing, design, etc.)
- Ensure agency outputs meet client expectations
- Participate in onsite client visits and support as needed
- Attend, and participate in, immersion sessions
- Monitor project budgets (in collaboration with project management) and take corrective action when appropriate
What we’d like to see in a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Art, or relevant field; MFA/MA is preferred and highly valued
- 10+ years of proven experience as a creative director, or in a similar creative role, at a marketing agency, or in-house marketing team, and at least five (5) years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team of diverse personalities
- Demonstrated ability to direct/manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Exceptional understanding of omnichannel marketing
- Exemplary analytical abilities
- Advanced organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Exceptional understanding of design principles
- Excellent copywriting and research skills
- Excellent command of the English language – both written and spoken
- Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Exceptional business acumen
- Thorough understanding of branding and branding principles
- Exceptional presentation skills
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.