Associate Creative Director - Video/Digital - Remote Eligible
Pathfinders Advertising Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Leave the mundane behind!
Pathfinders is a forward-thinking, dynamic place to work with a culture defined by positioning our people as our most important asset. We want you to have a career here, and we will invest in you to make that happen. Founded with this philosophy in mind over 40 years ago, there’s never been a dull moment. We've experienced continued growth and success through the connections we've made, the relationships we've built, and the clients we serve as a team.
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Creative Director to join our creative team. This is a full-time permanent position with our agency located in Mishawaka, IN and is 100% remote eligible. As an Associate Creative Director, you will be responsible for providing strategic, creative, and production guidance for all facets of marketing services and the Digital and Video studios leading the creative team’s execution of brand strategy. An Associate Creative Director at Pathfinders provides strategic and creative guidance for all facets of marketing services, while achieving the best possible outcomes (i.e. ROI) and high client satisfaction. You will need to work closely with account services, in order to provide insight during the scoping, briefing and job start processes. You should understand capacity and workflow, to best determine accurate timelines for projects and collaborate with Project Managers on the delivery of assets. Finally, you have a polished presence, in order to effectively represent the creative function in client-facing meetings.
You should be a creative thinker with a logical mind ready to tackle challenges in advertising for the modern consumer. You seek best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with other creatives, project managers, account executives, and strategists. Working for a variety of clients, you will need to oversee a broad mix of projects for consumer goods, from coffee, to appliances, to bank cards.
What you will do, in greater detail:
- Direct and motivate creative leads and creative staff to help them use their talents effectively.
- Collaborate with account services to obtain knowledge of the clients’ requirements and write project briefs when necessary
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate on-strategy ideas
- Write and revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide constructive feedback
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- Participate in improving internal processes
- Learn client nuances and brands at a deep level
- Stay on top of industry digital and video trends
- Ensure agency outputs meet client expectations
- Participate in onsite client visits and support as needed
- Attend, and participate in, immersion sessions as needed
- Present work internally and externally individually, or as part of a team
What we’d like to see in a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Art, or relevant field; MFA/MA is preferred and highly valued
- 7+ years of related industry experience (creative agency, digital marketing or consulting), and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team of diverse personalities
- Demonstrated ability to direct/manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Advanced understanding of omnichannel marketing
- Advanced organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of FIgma, MCS, WordPress, HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced understanding of design principles
- Advanced copywriting and research skills
- Advanced command of the English language – both written and spoken
- Outstanding leadership and collaboration skills
- Thorough understanding of branding and branding principles
- Excellent verbal ability and personal diplomacy
- Strong reasoning, attention, and memory skills
- Assertive and self-confident, but also conscientious and patient
- Motivated and goal-oriented
- Team player and cooperative
- Relaxed with high stress tolerance
- Strong managerial and planning skills
What's in it for you? Lots of good stuff! We offer a very competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, our employees are given bonus opportunities, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, health, vision, dental, life and short term disability insurance, 401(k) with a 3% "safe harbor" employer contribution (no employee contribution required), HSA annual company contribution, and profit sharing.
Our approach employs unique methods of evaluating the landscape of competition, challenges and potential opportunity. We then plan both traditional and experimental means of seizing that opportunity and overcoming the existing hurdles.
Pathfinders believes that diversity is an advantage and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, or any other protected status.
Pathfinders AdvertisingWhy Work Here?
Awesome Culture, Room for Career Growth, High Profile Clients
Pathfinders creates and executes comprehensive, multi-channel plans that touch all target audiences. With innovative approaches to branding, advertising and strategic challenges, we craft high-impact solutions that lead businesses to long-term success. Our approach employs unique methods of evaluating the landscape of competition, challenges and potential opportunity. We then plan both traditional and experimental means of seizing that opportunity and overcoming the existing hurdles. Pathfinders believes that diversity is an advantage and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, or any other protected status.