PathPoint, a leader in providing support services that empower people with disabilities, mental health diagnoses, and disadvantages to be valued members of our community, is seeking apart-time IT Assistant to join our team on the Central Coast -- the position can be based in Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, or Santa Barbara CA. In this hands-on role, you'llassist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the multi-network, multi-user environment for PathPoint's offices. This is a part-time position for 20 hours per week and a wonderful opportunity to have a meaningful impact.
- Assists with the setup and installation of information systems at new facilities; assembles and configures network components and associated services.
- Provides users with network technical support; provides consultation and technical assistance with computer labs; responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources; assists in providing additional basic computer training for computer users.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems; provides consultation and recommendations to resolve network problems at assigned locations; ensures maximum issue resolution in minimum time.
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Assists with upgrading network hardware and software components; is knowledgeable of new hardware and software and recommends upgrading to maintain efficient operations; attends trainings as necessary.
- Calls and troubleshoots hardware issues with appropriate Technical Support.
- Installs upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and file services as requested; troubleshoots networked devices including but not limited to computers, printers, facsimiles, cell phones, telecommunication and networking equipment.
- Assists with monitoring and controlling the security aspects of IT systems; maintains the highest levels of network security and data integrity.
- Maintains flexible work schedule to ensure minimal network downtime.
- Associate's degree (AA/AS) in computer science or a related field; evidence of formal training in Computer Science/Information Technology from an accredited institution; or a minimum of two years of related experience.
- High level of hardware troubleshooting experience and ability to build custom desktop PCs from components.
- Networking experience and Windows OS expertise required.
- Apple experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving history, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a vehicle with current registration and insurance for regular travel between PathPoint offices.
- Must receive a criminal record clearance from the DOJ.
Compensation and Benefit Package:$19.00/hour. Benefits include paid sick time; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; wellness program with cash rewards; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint:PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro