If you have a caring heart and a dedication to helping others, PathPoint may be the place for you. We are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-timeDirect Support Professionalsto join our residential support team in San Luis Obispo, CA. We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees and a fun work environment with flexible hours.
In this role, you'll teach independent living skills to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in their homes. This could include cooking and grocery shopping, healthy living and exercise, budgeting and money management, scheduling medical appointments and coordinating benefits, or other skills depending on the individual's personal goals. This can be either full-time or part-time, with a flexible schedule that you can set yourself!
- Teach a variety of household skills, including cooking, laundry, paying bills, budgeting, emergency preparedness, shopping, and hygiene.
- Assist individuals with their benefits and healthcare, including applying for new benefits or services. Serve as liaison between individuals and Social Security, Housing Authority, rental agencies, utility companies, etc.
- Assist individuals in scheduling medical appointments and escort to appointments as needed.
- Prepare meals and snacks with individuals.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions regarding individual's progress.
- Maintain daily logs and data reports.
- High school diploma or GED is required. BA/BS in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or a related field is preferred.
- Prior experience supporting or instructing individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with individuals with disabilities, their family members, social workers, employers, and others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Must pass pre-employment Live Scan DOJ fingerprint background check, TB screening and basic health screening.
- Must have a valid driver's license with at least 5 years driving history, a satisfactory driving record, and use of a vehicle with current registration and insurance.
Compensation and Benefit Package: $15.00 per hour. Full-time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible for our generous benefits package, which includes medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, and sick time; wellness program with cash rewards; Flexible Spending Accounts; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint:PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro