Behavioral Health Case Manager
PathPoint Santa Barbara, CA
- Expired: November 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy working with clients with moderate to severe mental health symptoms, facilitating growth and supporting them to get all of their needs met as equal, valued and self-respecting individuals? Do you see clients as individuals, rather than being defined by their diagnoses? If so, you would fit in well with PathPoint's Behavioral Health Division, the award-winning and long-running agency that is also forward thinking and client-centered.
PathPoint is seeking a full-timeCase Managerfor our Paths to Recovery community-based program in Santa Barbara, CA. In this role, you'll provide support for an assigned group of clients by assisting them with all aspects of independent living, including the development of social, vocational, and effective symptom management skills. Specific needs include education in the areas of medication management, proper nutrition, cooking, shopping, budgeting, housecleaning and maintenance, and personal hygiene. You'll also assume primary responsibility for developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising treatment goals and plans, and providing one-on-one support to clients as needed.
This isa great opportunity if you are looking to acquire a deeper understanding of mental illness and practice field-based work. This position comes with wonderful perks, including flexible scheduling and supervision hours for Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapists (AMFT).
Please include a cover letter when applying. We want to hear your voice and why you are interested in this opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Psychology or related field and at least 6 months of related experience; or high school diploma/GED and at least 5 years of related experience. Related experience includes workingin the mental health field, or in clients' homes as a caregiver or Direct Support Professional.
- Master's degree (MA/MS) in Psychology and/or registered AMFT or ACSW preferred.
- Previous knowledge of Medi-Cal billing procedures is preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License, satisfactory driving record with at least 5 years of driving history, and regular use of a vehicle to be driven for work purposes.
- Must receive a criminal record clearance through the DOJ and pass pre-employment health and TB screenings.
Compensation and Benefit Package:$20-21/hour depending on education and experience. As a full-time employee, you'll be eligible for a generous benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life/AD&D insurance; paid vacation, 12 holidays, and sick leave; 403(b) tax-sheltered retirement savings plan with employer match; Flexible Spending Accounts; wellness program with cash rewards; free Employee Assistance Program; and housing assistance.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Employment Type: FULL_TIME