CMM Operator - 2nd Shift
- $25 to $27 Hourly
Path Engineering LLC is posting this job on behalf of Woodward.
About the Role:
The CMM Operator is responsible for the operation and inspection of the CMM machine, the analysis and interpretation of blueprints, manuals and other materials to determine specifications, to inspect and test procedures, and to communicate technical information to others, in an industrial setting.
- Operate CMM machine to inspect parts.
- Program and operate specialized inspection equipment (e.g., Talyrond, Nikon vision system, CMMs) and discuss inspection results with those responsible.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, routings, evaluation sheets, manuals and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Collect and analyze inspection data and make computations as necessary to determine inspection results and perform first article inspections based on work order instructions.
- Communicate information to others about project status, updates, specific instructions, etc.
- Inspect manufactured components and maintain inspection files and quality records.
- Document non-conforming material according to procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply inspection techniques
- The ability to read and use micrometers, functional and cylindrical gauges, comparators, indicator setups, scales.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance including the ability to define tolerances on prints and perform inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of CMM operations including setup and controls.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic written/verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 6 months of related work experience or CMM Certificate
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality Inspection Experience
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Excellent Communication Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Calipers and Micrometers
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Cylindrical Grinder Machine
$25 - $27 / hr
Path EngineeringNiles, IL
ManufacturingView All Path Engineering Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.