IT Manager & MacOS Genius for Tech Startup
PassiveLogic Salt Lake City, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you have a passion for hands-on problem solving and helping others? Do you love sharing your technical knowledge with others?
What you will be doing:
This position reports directly to the CTO. You will maintain the internal and external network and compute infrastructure of a fast-growing tech startup. A commitment to customer service and an empathetic nature will provide the basis from which you will provide technical support across the organization. Keeping the company’s primarily Apple-based development and operational systems running smoothly will be your primary responsibility.
What you will do:
- Install, configure, and manage computer hardware, operating systems, and applications for new and existing employees
- Review internal IT processes and identify modifications to ensure that functionality and performance requirements continue to meet the needs of the internal users and achieve the company's business objectives
- Monitor industry product and feature developments and related systems and software to maintain the security, performance, and functionality requirements of the company’s internal network and file system
- Develop strategies for internal network programs and processes
- Design and implement network technologies
- Implement internal policies and specifications for our network
- Check and inspect computer systems periodically in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Conduct research for proposals of new systems, upgrades, projects and solutions
- Work with the internal groups to conduct research and testing as necessary to assist with integrating internal network infrastructure with operational systems
PassiveLogic is disrupting the world of automation with the first fully autonomous platform for buildings. Our culture is built on bringing together the most talented engineers, thinkers, and creatives — backed by the world’s leading investors — working together to make the future a reality.
PassiveLogic’s infinitely configurable platform enables users to design their own custom autonomous systems. We've reinvented the fundamental principles of automation to replace today’s antiquated control logic with real-time control decisions at the edge, reducing the world’s carbon footprint, while paving the way for the future of smart cities. We are looking for team members who have a passion for technology and want to work on cutting-edge problems with real-world solutions.
You must have:
- B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Deep knowledge of networking, MacOS, and enterprise software systems.
- Some knowledge of Windows and/or Linux.
- Programming skill (Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby).
- Detailed knowledge of System Administration and Engineering mechanisms and components (e.g., Configuration Management (Puppet, Meraki), DR systems, System Provisioning, Munki, AutoPkg, Simian)
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to keep multiple projects moving forward through impeccable organization, follow through, and frequent multi-tasking
- Ability to maintain composure while troubleshooting and solving technical issues for mission critical infrastructure
You should have:
- Comfort in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized
- Ideally have 2 years experience within technology focused organization
- Experience in dealing with internal users and ability to influence and contribute to the design of new internal systems through data-driven process
- First class interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills at all levels within an organization, across all departments and professional disciplines
It’s helpful to have:
- Familiarity with protocols and systems to maximize security, stability, and accessibility of enterprise data resources
- Cloud infrastructure design and implementation for internal and external data stores
Compensation, Perks, & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity share
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and PTO
- Well stocked break room and daily catered lunches
- Free ski passes available (We are at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon)
- Free National Park passes available
- Must be diligent and get work done, but we do respect powder days
To apply for this position:
With your cover letter and resume, include a description of a project you have designed, executed, implemented, and devised on your own (preferably unrelated to school or work responsibilities).
Unsolicited resumes sent to PassiveLogic, including unsolicited resumes sent to PassiveLogic business mailing address, fax machine, email address, or directly to PassiveLogic employees, will be considered PassiveLogic property. PassiveLogic will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at PassiveLogic