FBI Mid-Level IT Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FBI Mid-Level IT Specialist
Performs all levels of IT duties from routine installations and maintenance to IT tasks that are complex in nature under limited, general guidance. Competent to work on complex technical IT assignments. This position performs IT support duties and related problem solving using desktop IT skills, demonstrating IT desktop experience, good judgement, and initiative. Works well both as part of a team as well as independently, with the ability to lead a technical team, successfully completing tasks while receiving only general guidance on assignments and solutions. Performs technical work of a professional level using standard techniques, concepts and procedures. Highly skilled to work independently on technical assignments and projects, meeting deadlines. Contributes to and leads others with complex problem solving. Must possess excellent IT technical skills, customer service skills, work completely independently supporting users and resolving their IT issues while representing assigned service unit, follow directions, and be self-motivated to complete assignments, research and apply solutions.
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/ status reports and submit to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/ updating/ closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/ locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
Required: High school diploma and 5+ years of experience working with IT equipment OR an Associate degree and 3 years of experience OR a Bachelor' degree and 1 year of experience. Demonstrated proficiency installing, maintaining, repairing desktop operating systems, business applications, desktop computer hardware, peripherals, and printers.
Desired: IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support desired. Experience providing excellent customer service. Demonstrated proficiency working independently to provide service. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. An active final Top Secret clearance is required (Interim Top Secret cannot be accepted).
This is a full-time position located in Chantilly, VA.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at PassionHR