- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer with an emphasis on water management to join a southern Arizona utility. You'll play a critical role in sustaining agriculture by planning, coordinating, and scheduling civil engineering and/or agricultural engineering work for the construction, maintenance, and improvement of irrigation and drainage facilities.
Competitive salary based on experience. Outstanding benefits include health insurance, health savings account, dental, vision, and employer-paid short and long-term disability and life insurance. 401K and Tuition Reimbursement available after one year.
• Provide civil engineering and water system design review and planning services through direct technical support and managing and collaborating with outside consultants for the purposes of planning, constructing, modifying, or improving the irrigation system and capital assets
• Collaborate with operations staff and management and assume the role of project manager as assigned; provide budgeting support and assist with reporting to state and federal agencies
• Conduct and review hydraulic, hydrologic, and water systems analysis as related to the irrigation system, including water distribution systems and well fields
• Prepare reports, interpret plans and specifications, and inspect work of internal and external labor
• Provide technical water resource support and make recommendations for decision making
• Perform administrative review of planning documents, design plans, and specifications prepared and submitted by consultants, other agencies, outside businesses, developers, land records and survey, mapping/GIS, and construction inspection; perform related work
• Develop and implement goals, objectives, and work standards for engineering and planning activities, including the processing of development projects, environmental compliance, plans and specifications, facility design and review, GIS/mapping, construction inspection, and project administration
•Manage long-range planning and development of engineering and capital asset functions; provide budget projections and monitor costs
•Present engineering and planning-related items to the Board, public, or other outside stakeholders
•Review the work of consulting engineers, inspectors, developers, contractors, and others assigned to projects. Coordinate activities with other District functions
•Oversee the maintenance of standard specifications, SCADA system, and District maps; initiate improvements and updates
• Professionally perform duties and work well with others in a team setting
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field.
• Valid and current Professional Engineer's license
• Minimum 7 years of experience in the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of water distribution and irrigation systems
• Proficiency in related computer applications, such as AutoCAD and GIS mapping applications
• AZ driver's license or ability to obtain one
• Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
• Manage engineering functions and infrastructure projects from planning through maintenance
• Make statistical and mathematical calculations
• Select consultants and contractors; assess final work product for compliance with contract or agreement
• Maintain accurate records and prepare clear and concise reports
• Prepare and administer project budgets and capital improvement plan budget
• Respond to emergency and problem situations in a timely and effective manner
• Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressQueen Creek, AZ
ConstructionView all jobs at PassionHR