Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental health, and behavioral health needs. The mission of Passavant Memorial Homes is to empower individuals to live successfully in the community. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for individuals with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support and providing a variety of opportunities for our employees to develop and advance.
Passavant Memorial Homes is currently seeking responsible, caring, and dedicated people to fill full-time Specialized Residential Counselor positions for the Butler area.
Specialized Residential Counselor positions play a crucial role in fulfilling the mission of Passavant Memorial Homes by providing quality support services one-on-one with adults in the home or community setting. This includes activities such as preparing meals, administering medication, and providing transportation to work or community activities. To be successful in this role, you must be compassionate, motivated to help others, and dedicated to providing quality support.
Apply today to find your career and passion at Passavant Memorial Homes!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SPECIALIZED RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR:
- Provide direct care services and specialized care in daily living, social and recreational activities.
- Provide assistance and support to foster maximum independence of individuals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the individual support plan.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Assist and encourage individuals to engage in various activities in the home and community.
- Observe individuals’ behaviors and changes in physical condition, utilize prescribed strategies to assist the individual, and document and report accordingly.
- Administer medications (upon completion of certification; all necessary training is provided).
- Maintain various records regarding individuals.
- Perform needed housekeeping and cleaning duties (home and vehicle).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPECIALIZED RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR:
- Minimum of 21 years of age, required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, required.
- Minimum of one year experience working with adults with mental health/intellectual disabilities.
PASSAVANT MEMORIAL HOMES OFFERS A VARIETY OF BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Competitive Wages: $17.60 - $18.10 an hour.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
- Generous PTO package
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
Passavant Memorial Homes Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.