Passavant Memorial Homes is one of the foremost, consumer-focused providers of support to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental health, and behavioral health needs. Our team of professionals have been dedicated to promoting choice and independence for persons with intellectual disabilities for more than 120 years. Throughout our history, we have continuously focused on ensuring the highest quality support and providing a variety of opportunities for our employees to develop and advance.
Passavant Memorial Homes (“PMH”) is currently looking to add a dedicated and compassionate member to our Behavioral Supports team in our Harmar region. The Behavioral Specialist position is a full-time position reporting directly to the Behavioral Specialist Coordinator. The Behavioral Specialist will design and implement behavioral support services and duties in alignment with the supports detailed within an individual’s support plan, and in accordance with the relevant Department of Human Services requirements. All necessary training will be provided through PMH’s new employee orientation program (Note: new hires are compensated while completing orientation program).
Apply today to find your career and passion at Passavant Memorial Homes!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST:
- Minimum of 21 years of age, required.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, required.
- Training in conducting and using a Functional Behavioral Assessment preferred (please state if this is completed in resume submission). Note: Candidates who have not completed this training will be required to do so upon hire.
- Training in positive behavioral supports preferred (please state if this is completed in resume submission). Note: Candidates who have not completed this training will be required to do so upon hire.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Special Education, Counseling, Social Work, Education, Applied Behavior Analysis or Gerontology. Note: Master’s level candidates preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and would work under the supervision of the Behavioral Specialist Coordinator who holds a Doctorate Degree in Social Work at Passavant Memorial Homes.
- Pennsylvania Behavior Specialist License.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST:
- Provide direct and consult behavioral specialist services to consolidated waiver, PFDS, base funding, adult autism waiver participants.
- Observe clients, interview team members, determine the function of challenging target behaviors, create individualized behavior support plan and crisis intervention plan, engage in ongoing sessions with the client to increase adaptive skills, and analyze behavioral data.
- Provide educational training and support services to individuals, families, and staff.
- Facilitate access to community resources for consumers, families, and staff as appropriate.
- Evaluate service delivery in accordance with individual support plans and/or treatment team plans.
- Serve as a communication resource to families and guardians.
- All other duties as assigned.
PMH OFFERS A VARIETY OF BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Generous PTO Package
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
Passavant Memorial Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.