Staff Assistant For Adult Education ESL Program
We are seeking a Staff Assistant that will assist with student intake, advisement and registration, program operation, grant activities, reporting, the Adult Education tutoring program, and the creation of class schedules and instructor contracts.
Example of Duties:
- Assist with student intake, advisement, and registration
- Assist with course creation and schedules
- Assist with student assessments and perform BestPlus, or any approved assessment, as needed
- Assist with administration of grant activities
- Assist with grant reporting systems, including LACES, NRS, and any funder-required reporting
- Assist with instructor and tutor contracts
- Maintain class attendance and student records
- Assist in the coordination of open houses for ESL students
- Assist with the operation of the Adult Education tutoring program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree required
- Two or more years' office work experience in an educational setting preferred
- Good computer and communication skills required; familiarity with Colleague preferred
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with diverse, low-income adult student populations
- Bilingual Spanish or Arabic preferred
- Best Plus certification preferred
- Knowledge of LACES, NRS, and Burlington English preferred
- Knowledge of NexGen data reporting program preferred
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends is required
The completion of a background check will be required for the selected candidate.
Passaic County Community CollegePaterson, NJ
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.