We have an immediate need for Housekeepers in our Passages Malibu facility. Pay is $16 per hour plus commuter benefits / transit pass. SCHEDULE: Wed - Sun, 7 am to 3:30 pm
Provides clean, sanitary, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents and employees. Promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. May be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood contamination. Must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and/or the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood in accordance with the Infection Control Plan.
Reports to the Housekeeping Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains cleanliness of furniture, counters, and cabinets through dry and damp dusting.
· Maintains cleanliness of floors in all non-carpeted areas through daily cleaning or more often as needed.
· Cleans the treatment rooms, general hallways, offices in public areas, empties trash ensuring all waste is disposed of properly.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of restrooms through daily cleaning and more often as needed including mopping.
· Vacuums carpeted areas daily or more often as needed.
· Empties and relines waste containers daily or more often as needed.
· Ensures adequate supplies of paper towels, facial, and bathroom tissue in appropriate areas of the facility.
· Ensures adequate supplies of soap in dispensers located throughout the facility.
· Ensures that an adequate supply of clean linen is maintained.
· Makes up residents rooms for new admissions, ensuring that they are clean and orderly.
· Assists residents with maintaining client rooms in a clean and orderly fashion; responds to client requests for housekeeping assistance promptly and professionally.
· Responds promptly and professionally to housekeeping demands that require immediate attention.
· Notifies the Assistant Administrator of housekeeping concerns.
· Demonstrates compliance with all policies and procedures related to the environment of care.
· Participates in establishing and maintaining a social and physical environment that supports the facility’s mission and standards of conduct/code of ethics.
· Makes recommendations to improve facility cleanliness, safety, and security policies and procedures.
· Submits repair requests as needed.
· Participates in emergency preparedness drills.
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to safely handle hazardous and/or infectious waste;
- Ability to respond in accordance with established policies and procedures when exposed to blood and other bodily fluids;
- Ability to work in an environment where chemicals are frequently used for cleaning, where mechanical and electrical hazards may occasionally present, and where dust, mist, and steam are often generate in housekeeping and maintenance tasks.
- Must be flexible in work hours in order to meet facility needs
· Must maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted;
· Must be able to set therapeutic limits and maintain therapeutic distance with clients and maintain therapeutic boundaries with clients during treatment and after discharge.
- Preferred High School diploma;
- English speaking preferred, bilingual in Spanish a plus;
- Minimum of one year experience in housekeeping work, preferable in a service related industry.
- Work and/or life experience accepted if approved by Administration.
Current and valid CA Drivers license.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS – Exposure to solvents, chemicals, and cleaning solutions as applied to facility MSDS sheets. Employees are required to use personal protective equipment to avoid direct contact with blood, and body fluids, sharps, chemicals…etc as they apply to each department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – For the purposes of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), this position has been assessed to identify essential and marginal job functions. The duties and responsibilities listed above are considered to be essential functions of the job. Reasonable accomodations may be made for individuals with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their job.
*Passages conducts post-offer, pre-employment screening that includes:
1) a background check (including criminal records, driving record, professional license, education, supervisor reference, and other applicable areas of inquiry)
2) a urine drug screen
3) a health screening (including tuberculosis testing). If an offer is made, it will be conditioned upon timely completion to the company’s satisfaction in its sole discretion, of these screenings.