The Research Assistant or Associate will be responsible for developing and carrying out research activities under the direction of a supervisor. These activities will involve designing and planning research strategies and experiments, as well as developing formulations with novel drug delivery technologies. Other responsibilities for the position include performing in vitro / in vivo experiments and assays, data analysis, and interpreting results to create documents and reports. The successful candidate will be supporting research as part of a project team and further assisting the compilation, distribution and filing of documentation related to the functions of the project team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to design and plan research strategies for multiple projects
- Conduct research activities by developing formulations and analytical tests
- Perform biological and bio-mimetic studies (in vitro, in vivo, etc.) to evaluate biological properties, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of formulations
- Troubleshoot problems and perform maintenance on experimental and test equipment as necessary
- Keep organized records and notebooks for contribution to reports, publications and presentations
- Contribute to project team meetings
- Maintain clean and safe laboratory/research environments
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master degree in pharmaceutical sciences, bio/chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field
- 0-5 years of relevant laboratory experience in industry and/or academia (or equivalent)
- Experience with formulation development, drug delivery technologies, drug discovery, chemical engineering, chemistry, biology, toxicology, analytical and/or process development
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and collaborative multidisciplinary setting, while contributing to a supportive and positive work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Good basic computation skills in Microsoft Office and experience with Excel software data analysis
An objective of PassPort Technologies is to not only provide novel solutions for enhancing pharmacological efficacy and/or avoiding side effects when compared to conventional injection/infusion systems, but to also create novel therapeutic systems that better patients’ lives. Not being shortsighted in our endeavors, we are continuously looking to the future for medication management and patient adherence solutions to implement within our organization.
As an innovative startup company, PassPort Technologies is seeking energetic candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. We value a strong work ethic, flexibility, and personal integrity.