The Pason Rigsite Software team focuses on the drilling rig’s data collection/presentation, alarm monitoring, reporting and automation to improve our customers drilling collaboration and efficiency with added safety.
The team is seeking an intermediate full stack software developer with demonstrated skill in Java, web-based technologies and frameworks, and Linux who can provide creative solutions to our customer’s business needs, while constantly improving our own ability to deliver quality products. We can provide the experience with high availability real-time software, data storage technologies, networking, Linux, and many other application technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and test software features for the Rigsite drilling system utilizing our extensive suite of development tools
- Implement in a variety of technologies, primarily Java, Python, ReactJS and SpringBoot on Linux and Windows
- Analyze and improve system performance, reliability and manageability
- Investigate and resolve software issues, including root-cause analysis for development and field environments
- Understand internal and external customers’ needs by formalizing requirements, design and implement new products and features while working with the key stakeholders
- Contribute to teams by describing your project’s progress, identifying risks and issues and providing mitigation strategies
- Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experimenting with new technologies and courses.
- Mentor junior software developers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well developed communication skills with strong commitment to quality
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual with a passion for software development
- Proficient with Java, Python and Spring Framework on Linux environment
- Knowledge of TypeScript is an asset
- Proficient with REST and client development. GraphQL is considered an asset.
- Experience with Linux, multi-threaded development
- Experience with database systems and SQL queries
- Experience with developer tools like Eclipse, Webstorm, Jira, Crucible, Gradle, Jenkins, SVN and Git
- Experience in applying UML and design patterns to create software solutions
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry, and instrumentation and drilling rigs is an asset
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to www.pason.com/careers to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.