Pasitos School, a Spanish Immersion school with two locations in San Jose, is looking for a Preschool Teacher fluent in Spanish and English to join our dynamic and innovative team. We value our teachers as professionals in the field of education. Benefits include holiday pay, medical, dental, sick pay, and paid attendance to at least one professional conference every year.
You are an excellent communicator. Puedes hablar y escribir en español con fluidez y confianza. You love being with children, watching them grow, and helping them to learn. Te gusta explicar y enseñar una variedad de temas y materias. You want to grow as a professional and are open to feedback, coaching, and dedicated to continued growth as a professional. Eres simpático, creativo, flexible, paciente y lleno de amor.
Preschool Teacher Duties and responsibilities
- Create and maintain a safe and caring learning environment
- Work with other teachers to plan and prepare environment
- Work as part of a team to meet the changing needs of the children and the families
- Engage with children in meaningful and fun activities
- Foster quality interactions between and among the children and adults
- Communicate with parents about children's behaviors and participation
- Prepare child observations and assessments; share with parents during parent-teacher conferences
- Maintain teacher child ratio of 1:6 at most times, 1:12 at all times
- 12 ECE Units
- BA or BS, in any related field
- Bilingual: English/ Spanish
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit, Child Development Teacher Permit, or Child Development Master Teacher Permit
- 6 months experience in preschool or comparable child care setting
- Background in language acquisition
- Love working with children!
About our school:
Pasitos is an eco-friendly, bilingual community based on learning and fun. Through a play-based, Reggio-inspired curriculum, children gain the necessary literacy skills to make them successful in both Spanish and English. At the same time, they build social and emotional skills in working with peers and the maestros. Together these skills help open their minds and language capabilities. Teachers interact with the children to build strong academics and positive social skills.
Check out our website for more information about our school.
LIC #434408873, 434411587/8