Relief - Veterinary Assistant (Snohomish, Pierce or S. King County)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Relief – Veterinary Assistant
Location: Mobile Spay/Neuter Clinic
Classification: Contract or Part-time positions available
The Pet Services Program at Pasado’s Safe Haven is focused on providing free and reduced cost spay/neuter surgeries and general wellness clinics to populations who otherwise would not have access to this service, helping to prevent shelter overpopulation and unnecessary euthanasia. We are looking for a flexible Relief Veterinary Assistant (VA) to help fill in staffing gaps in one of the three counties that our two mobile clinics operate (Pierce, S. King and Snohomish).
Relief VAs will work under the direction of the attending Veterinarian and Veterinary Technician to provide high-quality care of cats and dogs from intake to discharge. The VA is responsible for surgical prep, sanitizing instruments, wrapping packs, monitoring patient recovery, and post-clinic cleaning. Clinic shifts for relief VAs are generally 8 hours per clinic day, depending on case load and may be at different locations within the assigned area, according to a schedule.
Relief VA Expectations:
- Shifts generally start at 9:30 am and end between 5:00 – 5:30 pm.
- Assist with patient care throughout the day, including surgery check-in, and pre/post-surgical monitoring as well as surgical prep as needed.
- Perform cleaning, including scrubbing and preparation of surgical instrument packs, and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Be respectful of co-workers and treat clients, volunteers and patients in a professional manner.
- Enforce and adhere to established clinic procedures and assist with safe surgeries.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client, patient and donor information.
- Promote the humane treatment of animals and uphold Pasado’s Safe Haven’s mission of ending animal cruelty at all times.
- Minimum of 6-months experience (or related training) in animal health and welfare or veterinary medicine. Students strongly encouraged to apply!
- Have exceptional communication skills; be willing and able to work effectively and compassionately with all personality types from all walks of life.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within 30 days of starting.
- Be professional, positive, and remain calm during stressful situations.
- Be comfortable working in small spaces and at fast paces as well as standing on your feet for long stretches of time.
- Must have passion for animal welfare and compassion for all animals, with the drive and devotion to end pet over-population and the over-crowding in area shelters.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills - attention to detail and ability to prioritize are a must.
- Be able to lift 40lbs and have no animal allergies .
- Applicants must have the ability to work in close quarters and in the fast-paced environment of high-volume spay/neuter.
- Must be driven to meet/exceed goals, be a self-starter, able to prioritize effectively, possess exceptional organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to write legibly.
- Attention to detail is a must. Ability to lift 40 lbs. No animal allergies.
- Must have a passion for animal welfare and compassion for all animals, with the drive and devotion to end pet over-population and the over-crowding in area shelters.
- Relief VAs work as independent contractors, on an as needed basis and are not eligible for benefits. Regular Part-time positions also available in certain counties.
- Independent contractor agreement will be required prior to assignment.
- Rates are negotiable and may include an allowance for mileage depending on clinic location.
Pasado's Safe Haven
AnimalView all jobs at Pasado's Safe Haven