- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The Sanctuary Program at Pasado's Safe Haven, located in Monroe, WA is hiring for an Animal Caregiver that will work with all species of animals at the Sanctuary. This position is perfect for the detail-oriented animal lover who wants to be part of a dynamic team! Continue to grow your skills and deepen your knowledge as part Pasado’s Safe Haven’s award-winning team. The organization is accredited through the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries (GFAS) and received an award for “Outstanding Farmed Animal Sanctuary of 2021”.
Your daily tasks will involve providing daily care for the designated animal species, while working closely with other team members, medical staff and volunteers to ensure the animals’ well-being. The best part comes when these animals are matched with a loving home that they can call their own, which allows us to welcome new animals to the sanctuary.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Feed and care for the animals in the area of the sanctuary assigned:
- Review assigned area at beginning and end of shift to ensure well-being of animals and related living environments.
- Visit all animals in your area several times per shift (including animals in isolation areas (ISO)); provide as much love and enrichment as possible; gather observations from volunteers; communicate observations to Certified Behaviorist, Animal Care Manager and or Vet Staff as appropriate.
- Ensure animals have fresh food and water and ensure isolation cages/ kennels/stalls are cleaned, orderly and well-maintained on a daily basis; alert the Animal Care Manager to any concerns.
- Ensure isolation cages/kennels/stalls are deep cleaned and prepared for incoming animals prior to arrival; ensure special needs are accommodated.
Work with Animal Care Manager, vets & clinic staff to ensure proper medical attention is given to all animals in a timely and appropriate manner:
- Alert ALL staff and veterinarian of any concerns or needs with animals; consult with Animal Care Manager and vet staff for specific veterinary follow-up for animals.
- Train with vet staff on proper medical care procedures; If accompanying an animal to the vet, completely fill out summary of concerns for the veterinarian, assuring detailed notes are taken during veterinary visits.
- Assist on-site veterinarian and vet tech as needed.
Actively participate in volunteer training program:
- Work collaboratively with volunteers to ensure they have a positive experience with both animals and staff
- Train volunteers as needed and provide any support or assistance they may need as they donate time around the sanctuary.
Work with the Adoptions Manager to ensure animals are prepared for both onsite meetings with potential adopters and off-site adoption events including feeding, medicating, bathing, grooming, cleaning eyes, etc. as appropriate.
Work with Certified Behaviorist on implementing behavior plans and tracking behavior.
- Support sanctuary tours and other special events as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Participate in rescues and disaster relief as needed.
- Provide assistance to other care staff as needed and requested.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings as scheduled.
- Adhere to all guidelines regarding documentation of animal care.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Participate in cross training.
- Experience in animal care preferred.
- Must have experience working in a fast paced and stressful environment, be a self-starter, able to prioritize effectively, possess strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to write legibly.
- Must have ability to understand and accurately follow medical directions.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Word helpful.
- Be able to work effectively and compassionately with all personality types;
- Convey a positive and upbeat attitude; and demonstrate a calming influence during stressful situations (e.g. animal emergencies, etc).
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be passionate about animal care and welfare and be willing to perform a variety of daily physical tasks in all types of weather and conditions.
- A valid WA State driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
- Must be able to emotionally handle situations dealing with disturbing animal situations. You will be asked to participate in animal rescue as needed. Demonstrate willingness to learn/improve animal care skills and knowledge.
- Medical and vision (100% employer paid premium) and dental (50% employer paid premium)
- 401(k) + Company match up to 2% - Fully vested on day 1
- Paid Time-off (PTO) (14 days year one and increased annually according to schedule, up to 22 days in year 5)
- Paid Holidays (9 Holidays per year)
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits available
- At cost veterinary care, medications and pet food
- Pawternity leave and animal family member bereavement
- Opportunities for Advancement!
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Shifts are 4 days per week/10 hours per day, varied days
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID within 30 days of start date
- Pre-employment background screening is required (may include driving record for some positions).
- Salary Range: $22-$34 per hour, starting wage $22
Pasado’s Safe Haven provides equal employment opportunity. At Pasado’s Safe Haven, we believe compassionate action is fundamental to dismantling systems of oppression for all living beings. We courageously live this belief every day through our work to end animal cruelty and our commitment to respect and kindness. We can only be successful by embracing the diversity and power of each individual's lived experience as we all work together toward an expanded circle of compassion.
Pasado's Safe HavenMonroe, WA
Get fresh Animal Caregiver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.