Director of Admissions, Marketing and Engagement
- $64,480 to $78,000 Yearly
Pasadena Christian School
Director of Admissions, Marketing, and Engagement
Chief Executive Officer, Head of School
Pasadena Christian School (PCS) is a faith-based non-denomination Christian School with an enrollment of 350 students from Pre-School through 8th grade. PCS seeks a Director of Admissions, Marketing, and Engagement to design, implement, maintain, and assess the School’s recruitment, enrollment, retention, brand/identity, and communication efforts. The position is a 12-month full-time Exempt Directorship requiring interaction on and off-campus with PCS constituents and interdepartmental communication with all School Directors. The position is part of the Leadership Administrative Team (LAT) and reports to the Chief Executive Officer, Head of School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Admissions (Recruitment, Enrollment, and Retention)
1. As the first point of contact for prospective enrollment families – fields, filters, and responds to all enrollment inquiries.
2. Organizes, manages, and disseminates enrollment “packets.” Articulates all admission standards, requirements, and timelines to affected parties.
3. Checks and updates the validity and completeness of information in the enrollment “packet” and determines admission eligibility.
4. Coordinates and schedules all applicant screening and testing with the Principal and Leadership Administrative Team.
5. Conveys the school’s spiritual mission by conducting in-person tours, meetings, and direct communication. Ensures that all tour “routes” are presentable and reflect the School’s high-quality standards.
6. Has full competency in the School’s academic and extra-curricular programs.
7. Prepares, disseminates, and evaluates surveys of the “Admission Experience” for continuous improvement.
8. Plans and develops strategic recruitment initiatives with community partners (i.e., preschools, churches, high schools) focusing on the importance of Christian education.
9. Routinely and reliably communicates with the School’s departmental Directors on enrollment projections and retention (re-enrollment). Keeps families informed of important re-enrollment dates and facilitates year-to-year student carryover.
10. Adheres to 24-hour window to return communication with all internal and external inquiries.
11. Has short-term and long-term goals for effective personal and organizational growth.
12. Attends local admissions events.
13. Strives to meet strategic goals to achieve target enrollment.
14. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Marketing (Brand/Identity) and Engagement (Communication)
1. Oversees and is responsible for:
• Printed and promotional materials (i.e., newsletter)
• Activewear for students and personnel
• School-wide communication to the external constituency.
• The School’s social media presence and website design and functionality.
• Working with the advancement office and PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship) on School events and all other aspects of creative and prescriptive marketing and communication.
• Working with the business office on marketing and engagement resources and allocation.
2. Is able to present in front of small and large groups a compelling story to attend PCS.
3. Analytically strategizes marketing initiatives to positively influence community members toward inquiry and engagement with the School.
4. Provides a plan to grow the School’s alumni association independently and in collaboration with PCS Advancement.
5. Develops a strong relationship with families for positive “word of mouth” advertising.
6. Maximizes marketing and communication efforts through effective resource management (schedule, budget, indirect/direct costs, and labor).
7. Works closely with high schools to support 8th-grade graduates to High School matriculation.
8. Monitors marketing and communication trends in education and adapts collateral accordingly.
9. Casts a “future smart” vision to prepare the School for future trends.
10. Works with freelance consultants as needed for print, social media, website, and professional networks (i.e., LinkedIn).
11. Maintains relationships with graduate students by planning alumni events and maintaining an alumni database (past and present).
12. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
1. Has a credible, trustworthy, and Godly character of servant leadership and agrees with the School’s Statement of Faith in professional, private, and public life. Is a person of integrity with a strong Christian reputation in the community.
2. Has a bachelor’s degree in business management, communication, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Elective higher education courses in biblical studies are preferred.
4. Has at least five years of experience in admissions and marketing. Experience in an academic environment is highly preferred.
5. Has an exemplary portfolio of prior work.
6. Has exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with families of diverse backgrounds. Experience with local schools is highly preferred.
7. Is discrete, adhering to high standards of privacy and confidentiality.
8. Is administratively organized and maintains composure and character.
9. Is responsive to addressing conflict.
10. Is a creative self-starter who is available, approachable, and has a positive outlook.
11. Can gather, set up, sort, analyze and interpret information and data.
12. Has MAC/PC proficiency and software proficiency in Office 365.
13. Has a customer-centered work ethic.
14. Can lead and be persuasive. Is self-motivated, punctual, flexible, and adaptable with a warm and friendly demeanor.
15. Is a team player who can work beyond traditional hours, including evenings and weekend events.
16. Can sustain a high level of productivity over extended periods of time.
17. Additional applicant qualifications are welcomed.
Thriving Preschool through 8th grade Christian School with a 75+years of legacy in the heart of Pasadena.
At PCS, our mission is for students to exemplify biblical principles, character and the 21st century skills necessary to be life-long learners and productive citizens. We provide a nurturing Christian environment where we offer an exceptional academic program.
Pasadena Christian SchoolPasadena, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.