Senior Research Associate - Protein Expression and Manufacturing
Parvus Therapeutics Inc.
Parvus Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held biopharmaceutical company developing Navacims™, a platform technology based on foundational research published in 2016 (Nature 530:434), to treat autoimmune diseases. Parvus’ mission is to shift the treatment paradigm toward Navacim™-directed immune regulation, avoiding non-specific immune suppression associated with current therapies. Parvus’ innovative approach has the potential to benefit millions of patients suffering from debilitating autoimmune diseases and other chronic inflammatory conditions. Parvus is advancing a pipeline of proprietary drug candidates for multiple autoimmune indications through preclinical development and into the clinic. Parvus’ leadership team is experienced in successful drug discovery, development, manufacturing, regulatory approval, and commercialization.
Navacims™ are a novel first-in-class nanomedicine designed to treat autoimmune disease by selectively modulating disease-specific cellular responses without impairing normal immunity. Navacims™ specifically target and act only on disease causing effector T cells, delivering a signal that programs effector T cells to differentiate into regulatory T (Treg) cells specific for self-antigens relevant to the patient’s disease. These disease- or tissue-specific Treg cells induce immunological tolerance to block undesired immune responses to self-antigens, while maintaining normal immune surveillance and activity.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to support the Parvus technology platform. The individual will work within a cross-functional technical team to define the proteins and conjugates of interest and then help drive the production of these components in the Parvus SSF labs for research and pre-clinical programs. The role will involve multiple functions in the lab, with an emphasis on upstream mammalian cell culture and protein expression, but also protein purification, analytics and protein conjugation.
- Perform and optimize protein expression using transient transfections with mammalian suspension cell culture in the 25-mL to 10-L scale
- Create stable cell lines and express protein with fed batch cultures
- Plan and execute experiments in the areas of protein purification, analytics, and protein conjugation
- Manage and maintain mammalian suspension cell lines
- Contribute to the growing knowledge base of the Parvus technology platform through protein expression and purification analysis
- Develop and execute detailed SOP’s and document experiments in an electronic lab notebook system
- Present at team meetings and with Parvus’ business partners as needed to drive studies and inform on assay and process development
- Support ongoing operation of Parvus SSF lab, including ordering lab supplies for protein production
- Up to 10% travel as needed
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Between 5 and 10 years of hands-on experience in industry, with an emphasis on cell culture and protein expression or purification
- Requires experience working with mammalian cell cultures
- Experience with mammalian suspension cells and recombinant protein expression is highly desired
- Eagerness to learn protein expression, purification, and analytics techniques
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory and in cross-functional teams
- Values and establishes effective interpersonal relationships companywide
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a small, fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adjust to shifting project demands and priorities
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills; innovative with a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs without assistance
Powered by JazzHR
Parvus TherapeuticsSouth San Francisco, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.