We are looking for an outstanding Entry Level Electrical Controls Engineer for our metals manufacturing client located in Spokane, WA.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electrical Controls Engineer develops, plans, organizes, and manages automation and process improvement projects for areas throughout the plant; provides maintenance and production support, and guides automation and controls initiatives as needed to support process improvements and sustainability efforts in a high volume production environment.
The Electrical Controls Engineer’s essential functions include:
· Validate and maintain control system design/architecture of new and existing equipment
· Provide support and coordination for equipment start-ups and maintenance outages.
· Assist in trouble-shooting equipment control and electrical systems.
· Perform controlled process improvement changes in PLC systems, HMI systems, and in level 2 server and coordination systems
· Coordinate with vendors, process engineers, and production personnel for continuous improvement.
· Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates, and schedule, for assigned automation projects.
· Prepare and organize project documentation (Manuals, PM’s spare parts, correspondence, drawings, drawing lists, material listings, etc.); update documentation.
· An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
This individual will possess:
· 0-5 years previous electrical engineering experience.
· Experience with industrial PLC systems, HMI systems and distributed control systems, or relevant laboratory education
· Knowledge of National Electrical Code, AC & DC motors
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
· Proven ability to work in teams.
This individual will:
· Be energetic, disciplined and focused on a team building operational organization.
· Have well developed interpersonal and business partnering skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by, and interrelate with the organization at all levels.
· Be willing to work flexible hours.
· Have high interpersonal, communication, management skills, and the ability to make quick decisions.
· Be self-motivated, self-learning, and willing to educate themselves and others in a changing environment.
· Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
· Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
· Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
Approximately 60% of the job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. 40% of the job function is required in the plant. There is exposure to operating machinery and a manufacturing environment