Senior Network Engineer
Partners Personnel Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Create test plans, execute lab testing, develop low-level designs, lead field trials, support first office application (FOA) and transition to operations teams.
• Develops scripts or playbooks for automation of functional standards and requirements – to include, testing, configuration changes, metrics collection, and API referencing.
• Conducts equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot testing and network designs to ensure reliability and scaled expansion of the network.
• Supports deployments of new services, systems, applications and architectures with configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
• Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to other departments.
• Defines and compiles Low Level Designs (LLD), as well as standard methods of procedures (MOP) and documentation to support Operations in the configuration of network equipment.
• Collaborates with vendors for device lifecycle management activities to include hardware and software roadmaps and application of configuration best practices.
• Identify opportunities for improvements to existing designs & practices on an ongoing basis, drawing on new platform capabilities, industry standards, market demands, etc. Identify the business impact and value of these improvements.
• Effective written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Experienced at writing technical proposals, processes, diagrams and other documentation.
• 5+ years of experience with IP network design and management including recent experience with Cisco or Juniper implementations; as well as experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including: Spanning Tree, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS, RSVP, & BGP).
• 1 year or more developing scripts (ansible, python) for playbook automation, orchestration and/or data collection.
• Experience in leading complex project execution teams, ability to clearly communicate requirements, delegate work activities, and provide clarity of goals and priorities in a manner that assures timely execution of projects.
• Clear understanding of modern firewall, router, and switch architecture and network design (control plane and forwarding plane separation, switch fabric design, egress queuing, IP lookup algorithms, traffic engineering, protection mechanisms, and capacity planning).
• Understanding of RFC1918 and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN).
• Experience with MS Office, Teams, SharePoint, as well as MS Visio and other graphical development tools.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
• Will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of degree. Business and/or management education, training, or direct professional experience
• IT industry certifications (i.e. CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, JNCIP, CISSP, CEH, ITIL).
• Direct experience with Ethernet performance measurement tools.
• Understanding network domain segmentation, bridging services to management domains.
• Experience with the following scripting/programming languages: Python, Perl, PHP, shell scripts.
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Xen, KVM, etc.
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Knowledge of SDN principles and technologies such as OpenFlow, Service Chaining, NFV, OpenStack, Controllers, Contrail, Orchestration, SD-WAN, etc
Partners PersonnelWhy Work Here?
Lots of room for growth. START ASAP!
Partners Personnel is a full-service staffing company with offices nationwide, dedicated to finding the best talent for our clients and building great careers for our Associates.