Quality Assurance Technician
Partners Personnel Tulare, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position may vary. This list is not exhaustive of all duties that the position holder may be required to perform. Resolve and reports defect issues to Quality and Operation Management. Interacts with other departments to communicate testing results. This position will implement programs within a given functional area of the Quality group under the supervision of the Dir of QA. This position is responsible for supporting the Director in the implementation of relevant QA processes and procedures. The position will, as necessary, participate in cross-functional teams to assure effective implementation of QA initiatives, R&D projects, and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Responsible for authoring, preparing, and maintaining systems of documents that are used throughout the organization, by various persons and is integrally involved with quality, manufacturing, and other organizational functionalities to achieve the objectives of the position. Gathering documents from internal and external customers, performing research and translating this activity into documents and reports is required.
- Develops and ensures that implementation of food safety and monitoring programs meet corporate and regulatory standards. Oversees and monitors program implementation (i.e. HACCP, GMP, BRC, Pest Control, SSOP, hold and release, and product disposition)
- Reviews all quality control test results and provides disposition of finished product to ensure customer specifications are met
- Develops, implements and monitors ongoing execution of all product-related testing and product holds pertaining to quality or food safety issues. Has direct authority and responsibility for final disposition determination and execution for finished product.
- Updates reports on product quality, environmental results, and incident activities
- Directs and facilitates the annual training of employees in GMP, HACCP, BRC, Allergen, Food Security and other quality and food safety expectations/programs of the quality management system
- Ensures that the team conducts Plant Audits as scheduled and ensures follow up to identified issues
- Reviews processes and quality testing program at least once a year to validate the effectiveness of the quality and food safety programs.
- Coach, train, and develop team members to improve individual and organization performance
- Attention to the details of each task assigned and to follow through to the satisfactory conclusion of each task is required.
NON- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
General office area housekeeping and maintenance of clean-desk policy within a professional work area.
None. However, supervisory skills are useful in interactions with clients and co-workers. Interacts with the following departments on a regular basis:
- Quality Assurance
- Plant Maintenance
- Human Resources
- Corporate Clients
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possess a good understanding of fundamental principles of physical and biological sciences (e.g., chemistry, biology) as well as food science and technology fundamentals
- Must be skilled in technical writing and have achieved, either by education, formal training or a combination of these, the ability to read, understand English language and translate information in English to professional documents.
- Must possess fundamental knowledge of quality assurance documentation systems and procedures and experience in management, food manufacturing, sciences, technical services and technical documentation.
- Must be well organized and capable of achieving a high level of organization in the company’s documentation systems.
- Must possess an advanced level of expertise in various business software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for preparation of various documents.
- Knowledge of the use of general industrial statistics in data analysis.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must work well with others and coordinate production with co-workers.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to assist with problem-solving activities on any shift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Preferred: Associates Degree in Science and minimum 2 years lab experience.
At least 2 year experience in a food-processing environment preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to read, write and speak English satisfactorily to perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variable
Partners PersonnelWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!
Partners Personnel is a full-service staffing company with offices nationwide, dedicated to finding the best talent for our clients and building great careers for our associates.