Partners Personnel is seeking candidates for a Development Engineer role with our client who is one of the world’s largest automotive parts suppliers.
This is a temporary assignment to direct hire opportunity located in Fountain Valley, California
What you will be doing:
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products
- Review and ensure PPAP documents met required quality and engineering specifications prior to submission to customers
- Develop quality guidelines and worked closely with development engineers from planning and prototyping to pre-production and production of products
- Conduct international and domestic audits to evaluate suppliers’ quality systems per company quality system requirements
- Monitor field complaints and warranty data for quality concerns & performed root cause analysis on defective parts returned from the field
- Participate in FMEAs (Failure Mode Effect & Analysis) for design and process
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline, (Mechanical, or Electrical)
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and use of quality tools such as Flowcharts, Control Charts, Pareto Charts, Correlation studies, and DOE (Design of Experiments)
- Experience in Quality Engineering (Supplier or OEM).
- Knowledge of SPC/Design/Process FMEA, Quality Management System, Supplier Audits, (ISO/TS16949, QS-9000, ISO9000, etc.), ASTM standards, manufacturing processes.
- Willing to travel