Partner Rentals is a fast-growing equipment rental business based in Kingston, NY and serving the Hudson Valley. We are looking to add a Delivery Driver - Class A to our lineup!
With limited supervision, this position loads and unloads equipment, drives a vehicle requiring a Class A commercial drivers’ license, documents equipment condition, and trains customers on proper operation of equipment in a safe and professional manner.
Education / Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related driving and equipment experience a plus
- Manufacturer-sponsored training a plus
Years and Related-type Experience
- Minimum 18 years old
- Active Class A commercial driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Active medical card
- One or two years of experience delivering and/or operating equipment
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
- Activities require handling and grasping with the hands when performing delivery of equipment by utilizing hand tools, power tools, air tools, nuts, bolts, electronic controls and other small parts
- Occasional use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal on equipment to test operation
- Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. and seldom lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to loud noise, dust, gas or fumes
- Work in unprotected weather elements
- Ability to wear hearing and eye protection as required
- Ability to bend and kneel for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to walk and stand on concrete and uneven surfaces for at least four hours per day
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- In addition to regular hours, overtime on weekdays and weekends may be required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Load and unload equipment.
- Secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
- Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
- Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
- Secure customer signature on contract, if not already signed.
- Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
- Inform management of new sales opportunities and job sites.
- Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
- Carry driver’s license at ALL times.
- Observe all laws.
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior).
- Notify supervisor of any scrapes, dents or accidents.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical difficulties.
- Recommend equipment and related items to customers
- Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- Notify dispatcher or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
- When delivering COD orders, write check number, amount of check and initials oncontract.
- Instruct customers on equipment operation.
- Start equipment for customers.
- If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer’s signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
- Turn in all funds collected to supervisor upon return.
- Perform vehicle inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil and other fluid levels. Report problems to supervisor. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily.
- Never leave keys in vehicles or equipment.
- Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Good verbal and written skills
- Teamwork skills
- Customer service skills
- Basic time-management skills
- Good working knowledge of tools
- Strong knowledge of rental cycle
- Good mechanical aptitude
Partner Rentals is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.