Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With Parry Labs, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you exploring your dreams from the day you start. Build your future and define your career today with Parry Labs. This position is in Dallas Texas & Huntsville, AL and requires travel.
Senior Network Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX or Huntsville, AL
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Travel: Up to 25%
Ideal candidates for this position will have specific qualifications derived from practical experience and study. We seek networking experts that understand advanced networking features, network security, and network management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operate as part of an integrated product team to troubleshoot network problems and support various devices that use the network, including computers that run operating systems such as, Windows, Linux, and VMWare. Should have the ability to operate as part of an engineering team, including knowledge of related disciplines, interact with senior customer organizations and personnel, and to operate with considerable independence, and to self-identify/pursue long-term interests. See the preferred qualifications, summarized below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline and 2 years experience or 5 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Current Security certification (e.g. Net+, Security+ or CISSP)
- Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
- Expertise with IPv4 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols
- Expertise with network device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
- Good understanding of advanced features like IPv6, GRE, IPSEC, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and multicast.
- Good understanding network security features like IP access-lists and stateful protocol inspections.
- Good understanding of software defined network protocols and architectures.Multi-tasking aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- US Citizen
- Up to 25% travel
- Experience with (MIL) SATCOM equipment and services.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications / VoIP and VTC
- Experience with Cisco Modeling Labs (CML) or Virtual Internet Routing Lab (VIRL)
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructures and technology.
- Experience with Internet of Things (IOT) devices and networking protocols.
- Familiar with Windows, Linux, and VMWare configuration and troubleshooting.
- Superior ethics, Integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Positive attitude
Life at Parry Labs
Company Activities: Here at Parry Labs, we take our work environment serious. We have established a Culture Committee to bring the best activities and work collaboration together to engage a diversified team.
TechnologyView all jobs at Parry Labs