Quality Engineer (Hardware)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who Are We?
Parry Labs is a mission-driven defense technology company pushing engineering forward to deliver leading computing and networking solutions for rapid deployment to our defense community. With a steadfast commitment to partnering with the end-user, we are continuously evolving the way warfighters communicate and share critical information.
Why Join Parry Labs?
At Parry Labs, we foster a culture of curiosity, collaboration, and diversity. Employees are given the autonomy to leverage their skills in creating state-of-the-art tech solutions that aid in the protection of the American Warfighter. We encourage new and bold ideas that push the status quo. It is this entrepreneurial spirit that drives us.
Parry Labs will support you with workplace flexibility, a commitment to the health and well-being of you and your family and provide opportunities to work with a purpose. We are committed to supporting your success in both your professional and personal lives with benefits such as education assistance and unlimited paid time off, just to name a few.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Electronic and mechanical drawing, test procedure and related documentation review and approval
- Nonconforming material control
- Internal and supplier corrective action
- Review product discrepancies, trends, and corrective action. Coordinate with Engineering, Procurement, Configuration Management, and suppliers to resolve technical/quality issues.
- Perform failure analysis investigations, root cause determination and effective and timely corrective actions, including proactive measures.
- Provide feedback to product design team to improve design, assembly, maintainability, and testability through all phases of the design, development and production lifecycle.
- As the Material Review Board (MRB) chairperson, ensure that product is dispositioned in a timely manner.
- Represent Quality Assurance as a member of the Configuration Control Board. (CCB)
- Collaborate with Procurement on new supplier approvals and perform supplier quality/capability assessments when required.
- Perform supplier source inspections.
- Ensure that necessary purchase order requirements are flowed to suppliers.
- Maintain supplier quality and delivery metrics.
- Develop and maintain Quality documentation such as, procedures, work instructions, assembly procedures, inspection procedures, forms, etc.
- Witness product functional testing activities as required.
- Perform product inspections as required.
- Customer contract /purchase order requirements review
- Investigate and reply to customer corrective action requests
- Receiving Inspection
- Other duties as assigned.
- AAS Degree in Electronics Technology and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Good interpersonal skills along with the ability to interface with all office disciplines and the ability to maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and present well in formal and informal environments. Your written communication skills should include a successful track record in writing of procedures, work instructions and reports, as well as solid personal computing skills including word processing, spread sheet, database systems and presentation graphics.
- Working knowledge of IPC610 and 620
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Experience in the Aerospace or DOD industry is preferred with a general knowledge of government contract requirements
No One Has Time for Long Job Applications!
We completely understand, that is why we have made the application process easy. We promise. This will be simple.
If because of a medical condition or disability you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR@parrylabs.com or call (256) 682-7145 to let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
Parry Labs is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Get fresh Hardware Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!