Parrot Analytics Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
We love content. We believe in the magic of content, and its impact on people's lives.
Passionate about content, data and technology? Join our growing team as we deliver the worlds leading content demand analytics built on the largest demand database to bring the science to the art of content. Rapidly establishing as a global currency in content, our Demand Expressions are helping to drive a new era in the industry as we aim to help our partners make the most powerful decisions every day.
Parrot Analytics is a content demand analytics company that empowers some of the largest media and entertainment companies, brands and agencies with the worlds largest demand behavior data sets to understand global audience demand for television content. Utilizing the most advanced artificial intelligence platform in the industry, custom machine learning software and our own patents, we provide the measurement of content popularity regardless of the market or broadcast platform we surface insights to our partners both on our dedicated dashboard as well as through our growing partner insights team.
About the role
Parrot Analytics is looking for a Partnerships Director who can grow our client base in North America.
You will be navigating complex sales cycles with the industrys most advanced data-driven solutions. You will leverage your relationships in the entertainment industry to generate, develop and close partnerships that add value to our clients. In particular, you will use your entertainment strategy, research and finance expertise to sell cross-functionally and create successful partnerships that grow over time.
This is a senior level sales role selling our Demand-driven solutions directly to the Entertainment Industry in the US. The list of target companies includes brands like Disney, Netflix, NBCUniversal, ViacomCBS, Discovery, WarnerMedia, etc.
At the end of the day, your goal is to leverage Parrot Analytics unique data products to help the entertainment industry solve their most critical business questions from content investments and valuation to programming, distribution and D2C growth to evangelize, add value, generate, develop and close enterprise deals with T1 entertainment executive teams across functions (strategy, finance, research, programming, distribution and marketing).
- You have experience developing multi-year 6-7 figure partnerships (hybrid SaaS and insights consulting deals) with long sales cycles to senior execs in the entertainment industry and are able to navigate an enterprise sales cycle.
- You have held an annual quota of at least $3 million in new customer revenue combining strategy and data analytics and have a track record of exceeding your quota year after year.
- You can educate prospects on Parrot Analytics, act as a domain expert (get technical when needed!) and effectively manage the process from qualification to procurement and close.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of advanced analytics that enables innovative approaches and recommendations that add value to our clients and prospects.
- Personal relationships with senior-level / budget-owners across functions within top tier entertainment companies. In particular, you have worked with senior Research, Marketing, Finance and Strategy teams at media companies.
- Trusted leader with industry expertise and innovative approaches. You have led successful projects with CFOs, Chief Strategy Officers, Heads of Content, Research, Licensing and Distribution at various media companies.
What you will bring to the role:
- You love big growth targets and big, uncapped, commissions.
- You can function autonomously in an unstructured environment and enjoy the learnings gained from new problems
- You are looking to manage multiple month sales cycles, prospects to close - and setting those customers up for repeat business.
- You value quality of work over quantity, and strategy is an integral part of your sales cycle.
- Solutions focused, you can always find a way.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- You understand the value of networking. Opportunities exist everywhere, and you look to add value to those in your network as you build it.
- Youll be a voice for our customers in North America, and help shape cross-functional processes to serve their needs.
- You will invest the time to truly understand the customers needs, then communicate precisely to our internal teams on how we can best serve them.
- You have a deep understanding of how to engage multiple people, multiple departments and partners to get deals done
- You understand the politics in the entertainment category that exist between brand, agency, and network/publisher sell-side and can navigate a room easily
- You engage with customers with a focus on metrics, data and action. When faced with customers focused on traditional or bottom-funnel metrics, you are able to help them see the bigger picture. Your relationship with the client and their trust in you will allow you to help them understand why Parrot Analytics data solutions have more impact on their business KPIs.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- You are thoughtful & introspective about your sales approach; it bothers you when people dont consider sales an intellectual pursuit.
- You know how to run multiple multi-month sales cycles at the same time at high levels of an organization selling to media, analytics VPs, SVPs and C-level executives.
- You have experience selling and contracting a software platform-centered partnership with annual and multi-year licenses and subscriptions.
- You do not shy away from a complex and technical sale.
- You are on a constant hunt to deepen your knowledge and enjoy collaborating cross functionally to create best of breed solutions for our customers. This is an individual contributor role, but you value teamwork.
- The startup world is not foreign to you. You know how to sell a product without a huge name behind you and more importantly you understand and appreciate how processes can be ever-changing and ambiguity can be the norm. You are a self-starter, can find answers yourself, and dont always need someone to show you what to do next.
What you will be experiencing in this role at Parrot Analytics:
- A high-performing team of elite professionals who are excited about introducing a new paradigm to one of societys most impactful industries
- A diverse group of colleagues from every corner in the world joined by a common vision to better connect content creators with consumers to be best in the world
- An unrelenting emphasis on a value-driven team, with an ever-increasing team average (ask us for our Parrot Play guide!) seeking to be the best in the world at what they do each day
- Working with world-renowned studios and brands and some of the smartest data people in the industry to solve some of the biggest data and measurement problems in the Entertainment Industry every day
- The encouragement, support, and resources you need to succeed, learn and grow in the role and in your career
- A lot of love for big data, content and stories that move us!
Our Guiding Values:
- We love our partners! We care intensely and passionately about achieving our vision and helping our customers be successful everyday they have put their trust in us, so we work hard to #MakeItHappen for them
- We exist because we believe in the magic of content and its impact on peoples lives!
- We want to make an impact in todays golden age of content, by enabling our partners to make data- driven decisions across the industry so that fans are better connected with the content they love!
- We have defined culture as the way we live and breathe every single day as an elite team to become the best in the world at what we do
- We understand the importance of disseminating knowledge, information, constructive feedback and ideas so we work hard to over share
- We take the initiative, always champion our culture and hold everyone accountable to it, so we work hard to #LeadTheParrotWay
- We understand the value of flexibility, freedom and autonomy and embracing new ideas to help us achieve our results (mastery) , so we work hard to make sure the best ideas win
- Checking our ego at the door, we enter a no politics zone each day and strive to learn & grow faster together, so we work hard to add value and increase the team average every day
Want to learn more about what we do?
To explore other opportunities we have on offer, visit: https://www.parrotanalytics.com/careers
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Parrot Analytics