Scientific Advisory Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Parra Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking a Scientific Advisory Specialist to provide assessment of technical deliverables under MASINT RDI to support NMO in the management of research and development projects located in Reston, Virginia.
This successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Advising action officers (AO) on scientific validity of new technology concepts
- Making recommendations on technology readiness and operationalization of ongoing projects
- Assessing MASINT capability gaps to assist in building collection requirements, and assist in identifying emerging capabilities
- Attending conferences and meetings related to MASINT RDI activities
- Reviewing intelligence data and making recommendations
- Providing scientific and technical guidance, expertise, and oversight
- Reviewing and validating technical material or information and assisting with establishing research or validation processes and standards.
- Active TS/SCI with w/POLY
- Must have a strong background in science, engineering, technology, or math.
- BA/BS and 3- 10 years’ experience (OR) Associates degree and 7 – 14 years’ experience (OR) No degree plus 6yrs experience to the base 3-10yrs requirement.
- The ability to research unclassified and classified databases for use in written products
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong leadership, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience or training in materiel acquisition, countering weapons of mass destruction, missile technical collection, space technical collection, directed energy weapons, seismic or acoustic phenomenology, biological signatures, or intelligence analysis is desired.
- Experience or training in materiel acquisition, countering weapons of mass destruction, missile technical collection, space technical collection, directed energy weapons, seismic or acoustic phenomenology, biological signatures, or intelligence analysis.
- Familiarity with Measurement and Signature Intelligence, (MASINT) – Collection and Management
- The ability to use innovative collection techniques, report writing reviews and the ability to communicate the technical collection parameters as it pertains to targets of interest to the capability of developers.
- The ability to work major projects involving cross-functional teams
- Requires careful attention to detail.
- Should have a strong background in at least one of the following fields:
- Countering weapons of mass destruction; nuclear engineering, chemical, mechanical engineering
- Missile technical collections; mechanical, aeronautical, electrical, software, computer, chemical engineering
- Space technical collection; mechanical, aeronautical, electrical, software, computer engineering
- Directed energy weapons; mechanical, electrical engineering
- Seismic or acoustic; mechanical, geological, chemical, petroleum engineering
- Biological signatures; bio engineering, chemical engineering
- Intelligence analysis; computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, data analyst/data scientist