EWP Technician ( Engineered Wood Products )
- Posted: 8 days ago
The Parr Company is a Washington and Oregon based company, and in Oregon we have just been awarded as the 6th Top Workplace in 2022.
We know that without great people, we can't be a great company. That's why we offer industry-leading benefits:
- Everyone starts earning 2 weeks of vacation per year on day 1, and gains an additional day every year worked up to 4 weeks off
- Employee paid sick days
- 7 holidays
- 2 medical plan options, one with no paycheck deduction (HSA) and our standard plan with a very low $1,250 deductible
- Dental, Vision, EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Massage, Chiropractic and Acupuncture coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Childcare pretax spending programs
- HSA (Health Savings Account) - Parr will match up to $600/year
- Up to 50% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k) after 1 year of employment and fully vested at the end of your 3rd year
- In addition to the 401(k) match, there a 3% profit share contribution to the 401(k), with Board approval
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $2,500/year)
- Annual profit sharing (every full time employee who worked the full year earned a minimum of $3,500 for the 2021 year)
- $1,000 referral bonus
We have a transparent pay structure, and love to promote from within. Our current CEO started with the company as a driver and by being open to change and a self-starter he climbed the ranks to the role he has today. There are many members of our management team who started their careers in our entry-level positions. If you're willing to work hard, there's no reason you won't earn regular merit increases and promotions. There is a LOT of opportunity - Parr is growing fast!
We value our employees like family and are constantly working to provide a safe place to work for our employees. Most of our locations are not open past 5 and all our locations are closed on Sundays.
Our company mission is Legendary Service through Teamwork, and we take that seriously. When you join our team, you're joining a family owned company that's been in business for 90 years, with a well-established reputation as a leader within the building material supply industry in the United States.
The Engineered Wood Product Technician position is responsible for developing Engineered Wood Product (EWP) placement plans and material lists using proprietary design and calculation software. The EWP Technician works closely with sales teams and travels to various Parr locations in the region. This position also works directly with customers, answering general and technical EWP questions with consideration for local code.
This job's location is flexible amongst a few of our locations, but this posting would be for our Springfield, Oregon location. This employee is required to travel other locations occasionally. Travel costs are reimbursed.
Pay starts at 24.48 - 27.40 Depending on Experience
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
- Generating EWP placement plans based on customer plans and specifications, using proprietary CADD design software (i.e. Javelin, BC Framer, etc...)
- Sizing structural products using proprietary calculation software (i.e. Forte, BCCalc, etc...)
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of building materials and local building codes
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with broad range of customers and business associates
- Making customers feel genuinely welcome, including greeting customers with a smile and communicating with customers in a friendly manner
- Assisting customers with technical questions regarding EWP
- Assisting sales teams in processing quotes and orders for customers
The ideal candidate will possess all of the qualifications below; however, individuals without a preferred background will be considered in the hiring process.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class C driver's license or alternative reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to travel to various Parr locations
- Knowledge of construction design principles, practices, and protocols
- A demonstrable experience and understanding of building plan layout and design
- Ability to read and interpret information on building plans with consideration for local building codes
- Demonstrated experience with CADD programs and/or EWP design software
- Strong math, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to concentrate, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and a desire for a high level of responsibility
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to type at least 40wpm
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Parr Lumber Company
TechnologyView all jobs at Parr Lumber Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?